15" MBP - Button to open lid requires more pressure

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Websteria, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Websteria macrumors newbie

Goood morning all,

I traded up from a Powerbook G4 1.67 to a 2ghz MBP this last weekend. I love it, of course the 2GB of Ram I ordered will make it much faster.

My question is in regards to the button on the front of the laptop which causes the lid to pop. It seems to require more pressure than my G4 in order to pop the lid open. Is this normal?

Thanks again!

2. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Is this really an issue or a problem?

Like really, is it?:rolleyes:

3. Websteria thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm merely curious, that's all. I'm not going to return the thing over it. ;-)

4. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I think that's just a product of having two latches instead of the one that the PB line had.

5. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Yeah, my 17-inch did that. It's normal.

6. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Same on my 15".

Also; the button is deeper inserted into the case. I remember the button sticking out more on the PB. Makes it a bit harder to push.

No biggy just an observation.

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Concerning MBP latches. Do you think they will have magnetic latches in rev. b? They will need a few updates anyway... Expresscard/54, FW800, 8x DL drive (not that the drive will change the design). Do you think it's possible they're in for a makeover? They might make the 17" thinner, like 0.9"!:eek: :D

8. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

The Superdrive DL would have to slightly change the design or be really really thin...

9. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I don't see the mbp getting any thinner with the heat issues. Until they can cool them down some, I don't think they will try to go any thinner.

10. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Yes it's normal on the MBPs and yes it bugs the hell out of me unlike some other people here. I'm hoping they change it to the MB design on the next rev.

11. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

AMEN - AMEN - AMEN - forget any thinner - temperature, full performance on the graphics card, whine / noise and build quality should be the priority. A better balance between style and function.

12. imacintel macrumors 68000

They may not be making that thinner, but they will be making the iPod Piccanio. It will hold One million songs and it willbe smaller than an Ice Cube.:D
    I watch too much SNL.

13. chris y. macrumors regular

they can definitely make the screen thinner with the new LED technology for backlighting instead of the fluorescent bulbs. i had a chance to see a vaio with this and the screen was seriously razor thin, its supposed to prolong battery life too!