15 MBP Speaker Hiss?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by 61132, May 10, 2006.

1. 61132 Guest

Ok, so I searched around and I have not found any posts about my particular problem. My MBP is fine, had the whine - fixed (but slow boot now), except whenever I turn the computer on, or wake it up, I get speaker hiss (sounds like tv snow) for about 5 seconds, then it fades away. Anyone else have this problem, also is it worth a return? Since it might be able to be fixed via firmware or system update? Thanks!!!

2. poolin1243 macrumors 6502

return return return...i took mine back for that problem, except anytime a sound happened, it makes that hiss screech, nails on chalkboard thing

3. 61132 thread starter Guest

yea Im just worried i might get a mbp with worse problems, lol, anyone know if the same problems are on the new 17mbp? If the replacement doesnt work right either, ill upgrade to the 17, sucks though, cause I would have to get a full refund for this one, and then reorder a 17, which means probably 2 weeks or so

4. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

If you bought your MBP within 2 weeks, exchange it ASAP for a new one or it may be too late. I returned it and they ordered me a 17" MBP. I am really hoping that I won't run into problems with it.

I shipped mine out Monday, today they placed the order, tommorow I receive a tracking number. The turnaround time is around 2 weeks like you said since it takes about 5-7 days before your 17" MBP ships.

5. 61132 thread starter Guest

If the replacement doesnt work either, ill just get a 17 inch. Just concerned about the size of it since I take it to work everyday, and take it on vacations with me, the screen is beautiful though!

6. Kreamy macrumors member

what, at no extra cost?!

7. 61132 thread starter Guest

actually the 17 inch is $100 cheaper than a 15 mbp when spec'd the same. Wish I could see the 17 inch in person, the closest apple store is about an hour away :(, I guess its only an inch wider/deeper, so its not too much bigger than the 15 inch.

8. Kreamy macrumors member

On paper it isn't but i was just playing with one at the apple centre and it's considerably bulkier.