Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Hi there,

I'm thinking about buying a 15" 2ghz CD MBP (128mb VRAM) while I wait for a small MBP to (hopefully) come. Is that a good machine or am I playing the lottery with that version as far as potential problems?

Thanks.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Hi there,

I'm thinking about buying a 15" 2ghz CD MBP (128mb VRAM) while I wait for a small MBP to (hopefully) come. Is that a good machine or am I playing the lottery with that version as far as potential problems?

Thanks.

The MBP would be fine. It wouldn't be like playing the lottery. :p

You won't be able to sell it for as much when you bought it, though. Maybe look into a refurbished model.

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
The MBP is a nice machine. I have the C2D model, but I would imagine the CD models are just as nice.
As for buying in the hopes of a 12" model being released, you're taking a wager right there.
I'd consider a 12" MBP if it were released... :)

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
If small form factor is your thing just buy a Macbook.

Small & powerful are two mutually exclusive constraints anyway, if you can make a small thing powerful, then a bigger thing will be even more powerful. No matter what small will never be powerful.

dvader

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2007
If small form factor is your thing just buy a Macbook.

Small & powerful are two mutually exclusive constraints anyway, if you can make a small thing powerful, then a bigger thing will be even more powerful. No matter what small will never be powerful.
I think some people see a big difference between 13" and 12".

spyderracer393

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
BTW, this discussion should be closed if this is true.

Come on...are you kidding me? Do you honestly think that an Apple Care/Sales Representative actually knows what is coming? They have no clue - not to mention, that article is almost 1 year old. That doesn't mean a 12" is or isn't coming, but seriously - why would Apple tell some random guy that it is never going to happen, and why would Apple tell some randon telesales person what is coming? It just isn't logical.

I really hope a 12" MBP comes out, because I hate the MacBook - I think the build quality is much lesser than any of the PB G4s, or the iBook G4s, and I can't stand the glossy display, not to mention the plastic. When I retire my 12", I guess I will have to get a 15" MBP; that is unless Apple introduces a 12" MBP...:D

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
A 12" MacBook Pro would be wonderful. I wouldn't hold my breathe though. I'd love a 12" MacBook Pro, but I'm not sure it's coming out too soon.

And I wouldn't listen to Apple either. Remember Jobs said there wouldn't be a video iPod :p ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.