15" now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cbonz, Sep 17, 2003.

1. cbonz macrumors newbie

I am a college student and I'm currently using my G4 cube running 450mHzzzzzz. It is definately on it's last legs as I'm beginning to lose the ability to run certain apps (Soundtrack, ie.). Do you think it's better to get the updated 15" now...or to wait for a G5? I can probably last the remainder of this year with this computer, but would definately need an upgrade next fall...will the G5's be ready? Give me so advice so I can make a good decision. I need a computer to last me another good 3 years.

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

if you don't need it now, you may as well wait... i mean, g5 or not, the next revisions will be out by next fall, and they have to be better than what's just been announced. or at least they'll have to lower the prices of the current stuff at resellers and whatnot

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

As with anything Apple, only buy if you need it. If you can make do a little longer, then something better will be out probably within 6 months. If (as in my case) you have nothing, then buy as soon as there is an update, I personally am ordering a BTO toned down 1.25Ghz 15inch with smaller HD and combo drive for education price of $2051.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

if you can wait it out, then just do that. but if you want to run all the latest stuff just go for a PowerBook now. the new PowerBooks are about 3 times faster than your cube...

it's hard to say what to do. but wait if you can.