15" PB acts weird when opening

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Anthony8720, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

I can't figure out what is going on here. When I close my pb briefly after i open it i need to push a key to wake it up. But when I close it for a while it wakes up on its own and the keyboard light turns on. Any ideas as to whats going on.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait, I'm confused. You mean that if you close it and open it right back up, you have to press a key to wake it up *when you open it*, but if you keep it closed for an extended period of time, you don't have to press a key when you open it?

What do you mean by a brief and extended period of time? In the former case, you're not closing it and immediate (within a second or two) opening it back up again, are you?

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I think I know what you are talking about. If I close my PB and open in the next 5 seconds or so, it doesn't wake up. I have to press a key to get it to wake. I think it doesn't finish going to sleep or something. I've learned to just deal with it.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're trying to describe what grapes is describing, I also have always experienced this with my iBook. I always assumed it was there for the situation where the latch accidentally popped open when you put it in a case or something right after sleeping it. Since you wouldn't want it to suddenly be awake in the case while you're moving it around. (?) :eek: