15" PowerBook + 20GB 4thGen iPod (No Free Engraving?!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Thussy, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Thussy macrumors member

PowerBook 1.5GHz (15.2" TFT)
    1.5GHz PowerPC G4 with 128MB Graphics Memory
    512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 SO-DIMM
    80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
    SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
    AirPort Extreme Card
    Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    Estimated time to ship: 1-3 bus.days

iPod w/Click Wheel (20GB) - Personalized
    Estimated time to ship: 1-2 bus.days

Hi, I'm a first time Apple owner... so i decided to dive in head first. Hopefully i won't regret it. I bought through the Canadian education store, but I do have one problem with the process (i did it over the phone).

On the education site they advertise FREE engraving between June 27 and September 25th... but they charged me 27 bux for it. IF you go through the online process on the regular store with the free engraving ad it's free, but on the Education site it's 27 bux, but has the same ad?

The supervisor said it was an error and that they're expring the Free Engraving soon? Should i call back and demand my 27 bux back.. since they did advertise it? WHy is it only the educational site though?

2. Gatorman macrumors regular

Re: 15" PowerBook + 20GB 4thGen iPod (No Free Engraving?!)

Welcome to the Apple Community!

As an apple user for over 10 years, I can guarantee you that you will be happy, especially with OS X....despite your ordering mishap. You won't regert it!

Anyhow, I would call them up and ask for my money back. That's their fault and they should've given you the option of backing out of the engraving, since they say it was not free. You never know what might happen...they may give it to you anyway and you're money back, as well. It's always worth a try! I don't know why they would surcharge the canadian education site, and not the regular site. Go figure!

That's pretty weird, though....as the engraving is free on the US education website.