15" Powerbook: down to the wire...strategies?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by harvey, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. harvey macrumors newbie

    Dec 1, 2002
    I have an order for a 15" Powerbook pending with Apple right now. I had to put it through so that my purchasing authority would send the P.O. before a 9/1 deadline. (The person was leaving the organization).

    I talked to the sales/service folks at Apple today, the order's been assigned a Sales Order number, but it wasn't "confirmed" in the system yet. I was told that I can't cancel the order once it ships from Taiwan. If a price reduction took effect, my agency would get a credit. They're talking like the order will ship "sometime next week".

    What if they start taking orders for 15's before this order ships? What's the best way to handle it?

    If anyone's been through one of these model-year dilemmas, I'd appreciate your advice.

  2. naz macrumors newbie

    Aug 17, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    I was waiting for someone to answer you

    I don't have the answer I'm kind of in the same place

    My 17" should get here in a few days

    I heard there is a 10 day buyer protection or return policy, I'm not very clear on it.

    My PB is being purchased by a company, I wanted them to wait but they could not do it.

    So if I get my box this week maybe I should just open it and enjoy.

    But I would really like to have some options

    like not open the box and trade it for the update :) next week???
  3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816


    Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Hmmmmm... no, you can't cancel the order once it's been shipped. But I can't imagine Apple would suspend their 10-days-no-questions-asked return policy, even for an order like yours. So, best advice is let the machine come, see if there will be updates before the end of the 10-day period. If not, open the box and use the computer. I just purchased one, and I have no regrets. If there are updates, call Apple, explain the situation to them. They may be willing to do a one-to-one trade, and you could get the new machine no extra charge (unless of course it's more expensive.)

Share This Page