15" Powerbook G4 almost sold out?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jholzner, Feb 16, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

jholzner

Looks like the 15" Powerbook G4 will soon be sold out on Apple.com. The shipping time moved from 24 hours to 1-3 days today. This is the same thing that happened to the 17" iMac before it was sold out. So, if you want a new one better order now before they are gone forever. :)

2. macrumors 601

generik

It's ok, they are overpriced and have LINES on their screens, and they are slow and outdated.. and did I say THEY HAVE LINES ON THEIR SCREENS? :p

3. macrumors member

Generik, get a life bro. Thanks.

4. macrumors 601

generik

Get over it buddy, there are no lines on THIS screen here, don't know about yours :rolleyes:

5. macrumors 6502

not meaning to be a thread crapper but..

Generik the lines issue was limited to a serial number range. I have the model affected but o lines here. Now you can go back to your mom's house and cry yourself to sleep. Nighty Night!:) !

6. macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

i am just happy this 14" ibook is free from such line problems.

7. macrumors 65816

jacobj

If you are one of the last to order one, let me know so I can laugh :eek:

8. macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

i would say now is a bad time to buy a powerbook since the macbook pro is already out.

9. macrumors member

FarSide

Forget it DMPDX. People like Generik just love to spam the forum with stuff that isn't correct. It's ridiculous and annoying.

No Comment

10. macrumors 65816

jacobj

I was sort of joking... it's a good machine, but only with a severe discount.

11. macrumors 6502a

k

yes the macbook pro is good but for people who want to be able to use photoshop etc then the pb g4 is still the way to go ! its also a proven machine even if it does suffer from some stuff and i am happy to report apple have fixed the lines issue but hey i got a refurb rev d instead so im cool

just stop bumming up the macbook pro yes its good but its a rev a and it cost a bit more than the g4 pb !!

12. macrumors regular

B**S*** guys...; the macbook pro should be as fast as the intel imac, and this intel imac is waaaay faster than any g4 even running photoshop under rosetta....
    No way i'd get a g4 now, unless it was weeeel discounted.

13. thread starter macrumors 65816

jholzner

Too bad it's also free of acceptable screen resolution :p

14. macrumors member

Haha, when I picture you...I see a mid to late 30 year old man living with his parents. I can totally see you posting and you yelling at your mom to make you some food (because I'm guessing you are pushing at least 275). I can also safely say you haven't been laid in a good 6+ years. You are the best poster ever Generik, I love you man.

15. macrumors member

FarSide

I think buying a PowerBookG4 with a nice discount is still a great choice. The iMacG5 seems to cope with the IntelHype regarding non-UB software. But a MacBook Pro should generally outperform a PowerBook even with Rosetta.

I'm waiting for the professional "Powerbook vs. Intel MacBook Pro" reviews.

PowerBookG4 1.67GHz | Intel MacBook Pro 2.0GHz

Intel MacBook Pro 17' where are you ?

16. macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I would say now is a bad time to buy a macbook pro since there is no optimized software out. You won't be able to run applications like photoshop at the full speed of the macbook pro. By the time you will be able to do so (late 2006) you will get a faster macbook pro for less money.