15" Rev. B Albook - fried Airport card?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by wdogmedia, Jun 9, 2006.

1. wdogmedia macrumors member

So...I'm doing nothing more exciting than simply adjusting the angle of my screen, when I suddenly hear my Powerbook's fan go from silent to gale-force. As this is accompanied by a slight whiff of burning electrical bits, I decide to put the computer to sleep, and close my laptop.

I reboot a few minutes later, and am surprised to find that although everything appears to be functioning normally, I'm for some reason not finding any of my local wireless networks (I live in an apartment complex, and am typically within range of five or six networks at any given time).

No error messages, nothing odd showing up in my Network System Preference. I can even set up a Computer-to-Computer network from my machine (although it only appears to "broadcast" for a few seconds before it gives up). But for some odd reason, I can't connect or even see any wireless networks. Help!

2. jTreu macrumors 6502

my airport card fried on my ibook, it appernetly came loose and was partially out of the slot and fried some how. mine was still under warrenty so i got a new card free.