15 Yr Old Riding a Gmail Boom

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sun Baked, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Um... the words 'not' and 'fair' come to mind! I try everything to make a little money from the net, nada so far really! Just you lot wait until my app comes out (sure.. it's in the pipeline)... (or is that pipedream?)

3. sonyrules macrumors regular

Isnt that a bit illegal. I dont care how old you are. You are selling something that was meant to be free. I dont see how that is legal

4. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

The MOST stupid thing is the people paying for it. Most hosting companies offer email service for like, 10 bucks a year where you pick the name and address.

In other words, you could get 'Starin@ya.com' for 10 bucks a year, instead of something dumb like neatoaddress@google.com for $102.50.

STUPID.

5. sambo. macrumors regular

sambo.

whats sadder......

that people will pay for such things? like paying real money for Diablo II items (thats sad)

or that none of us thought of it first?

what it does tell me is that I should buy Google shares when they float (please don't tell me they have already, i may miss the IPO, being in Australia and all)

such is i s'pose :rolleyes:

6. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Actually its @gmail.com not google, but I wont hold that against u :p

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

My best friend works for Google where all employees have been given around 50 GMail accounts that they can distribute to friends. A notice was sent out a few weeks ago stating that anyone from the company caught selling these accounts on eBay would be fired immediately. Needless to say this has put the fear into a certain percentage of employees.

People pay because people want to snatch up the "cool" names before the unwashed masses get a chance. Whatever - people are dumb.