Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With one day to go before bidding closes, the CharityBuzz auction for coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook is at $605,000. Bidding has slowed considerably since the first couple of days, with only one bid -- the current winning mark of $605,000 -- since April 26th.

The current high bid for coffee with Tim Cook is worth twice as much as the total of the current high bids on all 118 other auctions supporting the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights in the current campaign on CharityBuzz. The site running the auction was also forced to implement financial verification checks for bids on the Tim Cook listing after a bid was placed using a stolen credit card.

charitybuzz-1.jpg
The auction's bidding quickly rose to $500,000 in the first two days with a number of bidders affiliated with third-party accessory makers looking for publicity or simply a business meeting with the Apple CEO.

Bidding closes tomorrow, May 14, at 1:08 PM Pacific Time.

Article Link: Tim Cook Coffee Auction Closes Tomorrow, Current High Bid at $605,000

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I'm sure at the last second someone will bid considerably higher. Here's hoping it gets to 1 million :)

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
Should have done this 2 years ago with Steve, and the Charity would have received a 8 digit bid. :)

touchipods

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Should have done this 2 years ago with Steve, and the Charity would have received a 8 digit bid. :)

Agree. Who would want to sit down and hear Tim Cook's voice? Not like he is going to leak Apple secrets. Probably talk about how much he misses Steve.

Also Tim Cook is only doing this for money (in a good way of course:p).

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If you won the bidding using a stolen credit card, wouldn't you get caught when you showed up to claim your prize? Does that mean it was a prank bid?

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
If I had the money I 'd just pay up to tell him what a **** job he's doing and invite him along to meet John Sculley with me for some pointers.

At the money goes towards a very good cause which is the RFK center.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
If I had the money I 'd just pay up to tell him what a **** job he's doing and invite him along to meet John Sculley with me for some pointers.

At the money goes towards a very good cause which is the RFK center.

ah yes because you could do so much better right?

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Auction winner: Hey, Tim!
Tim: Here's a list of the 2500 things I won't be able to tell you, including:
Mac Pro
iOS 7
OS X 10.9
...... (Uses up all the 30 minutes to cover the things)
Auction winner: **** it, I'll leave.

Last edited:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I like this disclaimer :

Additional bank qualification is required for bids placed over $500,000. To place a bid in excess of that amount, contact Charitybuzz customer support at (212) 243-3900 for authorization.

Gets rid of the wannabe's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.