16-color mode/hack?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ricebag, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ricebag macrumors member

I want to play a game that'll only run under "16 colors" or B+W mode. (Of course, it's an old game.) Does anyone have some way I could play this game? A hack or something? The game is Armor Alley, and I'm on a 12" Powerbook G4 1.33, running 10.3.6.
    Thanks!

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

If you want to play very old games try Basilisk II (search for it on google).
    Basilisk II is an old Mac II/ Quadra emulator. You can install ex. os 7.0 and run almost evey old mac game. It's free too.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have the same problem with Older Maxis Games (Sim City, Sim Ant, Sim Earth) and what I did was to bump up how much memory they ask for (under "get Info") on OS 9 and below that was a common problem when you added plugins to programs, and it seems to compensate for anyproblems under Classic.

TEG

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

MAxis has updates for all those games...

5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Does it have sound yet? I remember spending a weekend hunting down OS 8 which is the latest I remember it supporting, and being dissapointed at the lack of sound.

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I haven't used it much on my mac, but earlier I used it a lot on a PC and atleast that version had sound (this is 2 years ago..).

edit: checked into basilisks homepage and yes, the macversion doesn't support sound yet! The macversion is the weakest port of them all...