16 year old does not appreciate his present

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spaceboots06, Jul 5, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I was going to put this in the current events section because I saw it on the news itself but it seemed a little too menial for that section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzrXPtUU78

July 03, 2009

Not only does this kid not appreciate receiving a truck for his birthday, he has a rather extreme way to express his disapproval.

One word: Brat.

2. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Guest

Surely

4. macrumors 6502

haha thats funny. but wafflepwn is the person who created the video. This video was stolen from him. If you guys are going to subscribe, search wafflepwn, hes the original. Plus he has 2 more really really funny videos.

5. macrumors 604

jmann

That was pathetic. He looks like an idiot. He should be grateful he got anything at all.

6. JNB
    macrumors 604

JNB

Funny, $200 is what I paid for my first car in 1972, a '61 VW. But I paid for it. I wanted a '61 MGA, but the $600 it cost might as well been $60,000. The Bug was a total beater, and I ran it ragged until I managed to rear-end someone, and I was back on a bike, on a bus, or on two feet until I could affor another car, and that was after I had a full-time job for about six months. The only vehicles the 'rents ever got me were bicycles, and my Dad built those out of left-over parts.

But, living in that household, with the other cars seen in the video, I'm not surprised he has "entitlement issues."

7. macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

if my family were rich enough to drive a hummer and bought me a car that was cheaper than a tank of gas for said hummer, I'd be pissed off too.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Yes, but I wouldn't trust a 16 year old with an H2. Or a 17/18 year old.

9. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Dude, that truck is a piece of ****. I am not saying he should be taking a bat to the thing but I can understand being slightly dismayed. Especially when they have an H2, some jacked up truck, and a new Camaro in the driveway/garage.

Get the kid a used Civic for god sake, not some rust bucket.

10. macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Looks like a nice affluent neighborhood. I guess he was brought up that way and the parents have no one else to blame.

BTW, if he kept the car, the neighbors won't like seeing a junk in their neighbor's driveway. People will give looks and they will talk.

11. macrumors 604

anjinha

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

Just because his family can afford something better doesn't mean he's entitled to it...

12. macrumors P6

MacDawg

That was what I thought

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

13. macrumors 603

quagmire

I agree he isn't entitled to a H2 or anything, but sorry I have to say the parents are crap. I get it that they wanted to buy a beater so they wouldn't have to worry about damage and that sort, but there had to be better beaters then that thing.......

And it better be fake, because who in the right mind even when mad would threaten to hit his own dad with a baseball bat?

14. macrumors 68030

waloshin

Its actually a Dodge Challanger.

15. macrumors 68030

waloshin

The kid is lucky to even get a vehicle, who cares how much money his parents have they earned it not him. If he wants to look cool in front of his "friends" then get a job and buy your own car! Their really not his friends if they care what he drives, besides I'm sick of all these metrosexuals their so annoying.

16. macrumors 603

quagmire

I agree he is lucky to have a parent provided car, but surely there were better beaters then that thing...... It probably wouldn't be a bad vehicle if it had all that graffiti removed.......

17. macrumors 6502a

johny5

He has obviously watched too many of those "sweet 16" programmes. It amazes me that we appear to be starting a trend in OVER spoiling kids with things like this.
    When I was 16 (22 years ago) I was happy with a 4th or 5th hand "nobber" (a Honda 50cc moped). In fact I was over the moon! it was a cut and shut (2 mopeds welded together and it had been handpainted red) lol.

I think, no matter how rich people are they should still be very careful when feeding presents to their kids otherwise they may grow up to be pretty nasty individuals.

I dont know if it was a fake, but he will have obviously have sore hands due the the BB bat ricocheting against the truck, I think you re not supposed to hit metal with those?

18. macrumors 6502a

agkm800

For what?? All that trouble for a YouTube video??

19. Guest

Surely

Yes. Welcome to the Internets.

People like attention. Some don't care where they get it.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Your post made me think of this.

[​IMG]

21. macrumors 601

sammich

Well, beginning didn't look that fake.

But when he's swinging that baseball bat, doesn't even look like he's trying, almost letting gravity let that bat fall.

And that truck on the left...you don't ever seen that kind of monstrosity in Australia.

22. macrumors 68040

Just a question: why does that family drive trucks? I mean, they seem to be living in an affluent suburb, and the only cross-country driving they will likely encounter would probably involve speedbumbs at pedestrian crossings. So why is their driveway full of trucks and SUV's? Why not drive a proper car instead?

23. macrumors 601

Schtumple

Yeah because obviously with that kids attitude he deserves the earth...

I don't get how some kids have this idea that they're the centre of the universe, guess it's parents spoiling them...

24. macrumors 601

fireshot91

First, I think if he really wanted to kill that car, he would've smashed a window or two.

Second, hitting the bed with a baseball bat doesn't do anything.

Third, I think the parents could've at least painted it a nice silver or red for him.

25. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Agreed.

Some people are saying he's lucky to even have a car. If I grew up in a really rich neighbourhood, I think it would probably be easier to have no car at all rather than a $200 beater with graffiti all over it. Different people are under different types of societal pressure. Think about where he lives and goes to school. It probably isn't your average high school. I wouldn't have reacted that way if my parents bought me a car, but then again, I didn't grow up surrounded by rich people, or expectations, or even standards. :p

Having said that, if I lived in a POOR neighbourhood, I'd probably be embarrassed if I got something TOO nice, particularly if I didn't earn it myself.