16 year old faithful muslim girl deported to Bangladesh, what the hell??

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AhmedFaisal, Jun 17, 2005.

1. AhmedFaisal, Jun 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  2. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Yep.

Dude, I don't even know what to say - this makes me so sick. Never mind that the country's rage and paranoia have allowed our laws to change so this kind of stuff can happen, it's just another example of racist public policy.

3. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

You know that your country is in trouble when the immigration authorities care more about 16 year old kids than the millions of illegals who stream across our borders - both northern and southern every year.

I remember reading that in a one month period last year, almost half a million illegals came into the USA, and although most were from Mexico and other South American countries. Among those that made it across were illegals from almost 30 countries, including Russia and a lot of European countries.

4. crachoar macrumors 6502a

We still have terrorists in this country!?*

Glad they caught her when they did. She probably had some plans to corrupt her underaged white 'friends' by way of underaged drinking or cigarette smoking. Maybe even coaxing them into pre-marital sex - or worse! The acceptance of homosexual behavior!*

Thems arabs is sly foxes...*

We must protect the sanctity of 'Merica. We must pass new legislation to protect us, and to give our government more power to keep us safe! While we're at it, we should send our Liberation Forces into Iran and Korea. You know, to give the gift of freedom to the rest of the world.*

As for Mexico? Well, see, our government let's them bring 'contraband' into the country so that they can keep collecting tax dollars to 'fight the war on drugs' - a 'war' fuelled by the same tax dollars being wasted to 'fight' it. We repay them by keeping a pretty open border. It's a pretty neat pyramid scheme, like the rest of our defense initiatives and made-up, ideologically-based concept-wars.

Wait, I mean, our government keeps us safe at night. If you aren't for project 'Star Wars', then you're a terrorist'.*

*see: 'sarcasm'

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

While this seems sad and unfair, we do not know the whole story. The article is very vague. So it is probably best not to jump to conclusions.

I offer these points to consider:

- Suicide boomers are recruited at a young age.

- There is a focus on young females.

- Key is ideology.

From what I know, some young female suicide boomers have not carried out their missions. Because of this, we have learned more about recruitment and other issues.

Note, I am not saying what happened is good or right. What I am saying is that we do not have the facts to make a judgement in this case.

After all, no terrorist or potential terrorist is going to say, "Dang, ya caught me. Yep I am a terrorist." Rather they are going to deny any terrorist involvement or sympathies. Especially with our legal system.

Sushi

6. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

So what, she was illegal so it is fair and square. I'm sure tons of non-muslims are deported every day, so I don't see the problem Ahmed.

7. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Broght to you by the same folks who think nothing of the fact that 80% of the dead in Iraq are women and children. Compassion indeed.
    I'm praying for an impeachment and 6 seperate lengthy prison terms.

8. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

You DON'T?!? Fascinating.... and a bit sad.

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

So... illegal immigrant is deported. It never said she asked for a lawyer-- just that she was 'interrogated' without a lawyer present.

Living in San Diego where dozens of people every day are deported, this one just made the news because of the sad story behind it. I honestly hope that she was here peacefully and will be able to re-enter the U.S.A. legally. However so many people do NOT do that, and wreak havoc. Do you think she has ever been to a doctor who was then paid with Medicare funds? Illegal Immigrants can use Medicare funds with forged papers and not have to pay a cent for health care. And if she were to have hit someone while driving a car, would she have stopped? Most hit and runs are by illegal immigrants who CANNOT stop because then they are forced to leave the country.

I see both sides here... and while I don't agree with what the FBI did, I do agree with the fact that she was deported for being here illegally.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Les, since you decided to go this way, you might want to check out the hundreds of thousands that were purged under Sadam's regime.

War is horrible and should be avoided at all costs. But sometimes it is needed.

Sushi

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

What Saddam did is irrelevant to Bush's criminal actions. He should be tried on 1718 counts of felony murder. The felony is lying to Congress to start the war, and the 1718 (thus far) deaths of U.S. soldiers were forseeable consequences of that felony. (I'm not saying the other 25,000 deaths don't matter, but with non-U.S. citizens it's a trickier legal issue.)

Apparently, lying to Congress about a BJ is a big deal, but lying about the justifications for starting a war doesn't much matter. Nice priorities we have here.

And yes, I find it very sad what happened in this case. "She's not a terrorist, but let's toss her anyway, just for the hell of it."

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Somehow I think there is an entire class of Americans just waiting to be deported, that are capable of creating as much havoc and loss of life as suicide bombers.

They're suicidal politicians.

Get a bunch of them together in a room and they can destroy lives or bulldoze your house.

Let's ship them off.

13. dilg macrumors newbie

There are about four rational posts on this thread, just sad.

I read the whole article and was amazed how slanted it was. Basically there is a family living illegally in this country, and they were exposed by vigilant FBI agents who had to follow a lead. She's probably completely innocent of any charges, but that's not the point. Ultimately this girl and her mother were deported because they were illegally in the country. Of course the opening of the story makes it sound like the FBI kicked her to the Bangladeshi curb to fend for herself, but her mother joined her. Meanwhile, her father and brother are evading the INS somewhere in NYC.

Someone questioned why are we bothering with an innocent young girl when millions of immigrants cross our southern border each year - well how can FBI agents assigned to NYC help with border crossing issues? They're doing their own part on their own turf.

Those are the real issues here, yet the authors used four pages to write a tear-jerker which would make you think Bush the baby-eater is picking on poor devout Muslim girls when bigger battles are to be fought.

14. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

Why is it sad? Federal agents had her in custody, so the second she became part of the investigation she became an illegal immigrant "on record" -- they had no choice, its the law.

Not deporting her would require a change in immigration policy... Maybe if you were in charge immigration should be unlimited? Maybe the passionate such as yourself should stick to something like SimCity while those making sure you still have a job tomorrow take care of the real stuff.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If she wasn't planning to become a suicide bomber before, how much more likely is it now? This sounds more like rendition than deportation.

16. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

I have to agree that this article was rather slanted towards the girl's point of view, however, if the FBI refuses to make the files regarding the case publicly available, one's natural inclination in such matter is to believe that they are trying to hide something. Furthermore, the comments from former FBI agents are not necessarily glowing remarks on the present system.

However, the more pressing issue is that if one can substantiate such claims of "terrorist threats" based on school work and teenage rebellion, it is difficult to know where it could end. If such normal material could give preponderance to further the thought that this girl was a threat and because she was Islamic, What's to say that people who read liberal commentary that severely attacks and makes sarcastic comments about the Bush administration are not guilty of sedition?

Also, what's with people with posts under 100 posting in here?

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This didn't start out in the political thread.

I think my problem with this is just the way it was handled. I mean, I heard she was held for weeks. That seems a bit harsh, even if she was an illegal immigrant. We're so worried about terrorism, I think we go a bit too far sometimes. What price freedom?

And for every "bad guy" we get rid of, we seem to create a few new ones. Especially when they aren't so bad in the first place.