$1600 Pasta Sauce

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by yg17, Nov 28, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Thank goodness!

I was so afraid this was going to be like those :eek: indonesian monkey-poo coffee beans.

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

She was awfully dismayed when she connected the three products and nothing happened.

e

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Well, to be fair, how do we know they (the couple) aren't scamming Best Buy/Sony for another camcorder?

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I thought that too, until I imagined the fight between the parents on who was gonna get the "directed by" screen credit and who would have to settle of the "2nd unit director" credit. Seemed unlikely, but then you'd imagine a guy working at Best Buy isn't gonna use the Classico but the cheaper stuff to pull this off...unless he lives with his parents. Hmmmm....

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Yes that BB may suck, but saying the store is screwing that particular customer over is silly. If any store had this kind of situation they would do the same, refuse the refund. If everyone got a refund on their $1600 pizza sauce, then I'm going to the grocery store.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^What?

C'mon MacGuiver, at least put in a decent effort! :rolleyes:

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Pssh, if they had a Mac, that pasta sauce would've worked out of the box without needing to install any drivers or additional software. :D

Mmmm, I'm not a big fan of Best Buy either. I just don't understand their attitude at the stores. I did just buy a TV from them, using the order online / pickup at store method. In that brief interaction with the store, they still managed to be jack asses, but ... well, what can you do? Sadly their deal was so good I didn't feel ready to pass it up. But it's scary when you wish Walmart had a better deal on the product so you could avoid Best Buy. (They had a 32" LCD also for Black Friday, but it sold out of most stores quickly, and didn't have both VGA and HDMI, and this one was generally nicer than that one.) :(

9. hana macrumors regular

I saw the bottle of sauce and the box on TV last night.
    They also interviewed some attorney general who reminded folks to check the box before they leave the store. I can imagine how thrilled the folks at Best Buy are with that news - can you imagine queues of people standing just before the store exit openning the boxes of their purchases to check them? :eek: Talk about a holiday traffic jam! :eek: :eek:

Although this has not been the first bad news Sony has received this month regarding their cameras - seems there's problems with their digital cameras & not necessarily the brand new ones....

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0611/06112401sonydefault.asp

So much for that old "Sony, no baloney" advertising catchphrase.

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I wonder if a criminal investigation is in the cards? it would be nice if they could get some prints off that stuff, though it wouldn't guarantee they'd find the culprit.

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Send it to trace! Meanwhile, I'll have Brass go pay a visit to the clerks that were working the store that night. :D

12. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

It kind of made me think of those Wendy's finger-in-the-food scandals from a while back.

13. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Could have been that this happened by the couple themselves, or somewhere between the shipment of the product from the factory to the shipments to warehouses, etc.

14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

There was a guy in Germany who bought a computer, then returned it a day later - as an empty case filled with potatoes. He said thats how it came. The store gave him another machine. He returned IT, again with no motherboard, drives or anything, and again filled with potatoes. This time the store had him arrested.

There actually has been a number of reported cases of people swapping new items with resealed empty boxes onto the BestBuy shelves, and then taking the new product to the returns counter for a refund.

15. hana macrumors regular