Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
when is the update for photo ipods to give them the same ability as the video ones e.g. lock, world clock, stopwatch.

grrrr

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
andrewm said:
Well, this officially settles it: we are all officially in 1984, as our iPod Shuffles--and conceivably other iPods--have been bugged from the get-go.

:eek:
hey don't knock 1984 so many good things come out of it :D

only just noticed this update - updating now

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
russed said:
when is the update for photo ipods to give them the same ability as the video ones e.g. lock, world clock, stopwatch.

grrrr

it'll be out with the update that gives panther users dashboard, spotlight and safari2.

andrewm

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
liketom said:
hey don't knock 1984 so many good things come out of it :D

only just noticed this update - updating now

You only just noticed it because it only just came out. ;)

I did very much enjoy the novel, although I can't comment on the film yet.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Can you do the update without wiping everything from your iPod? I don't keep everything in iTunes as a backup to my iPod.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Bern said:
Can you do the update without wiping everything from your iPod? I don't keep everything in iTunes as a backup to my iPod.
Yes, it won't erase your iPod.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I'd love an update that gives my original Photo the stopwatch etc., but at the end of the day my iPod still does what I ask of it, so I can live without the extras if I must.

I think I'll have to--the new iPods use a different screen size, so back-porting those features isn't one-click simple.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
kainjow said:
Yes, it won't erase your iPod.

Well how about that. I bought my iPod a few days ago and installed the software from the supplied cd. I downloaded this apparent latest update from the Apple site (didn't check software update) and when I went to install it, it said my iPod software is already up to date :eek: I checked software update and indeed I already had it on the cd supplied. So I didn't need it. Guess that makes sense it is 17/11/05 update after all.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
Bern said:
Well how about that. I bought my iPod a few days ago and installed the software from the supplied cd. I downloaded this apparent latest update from the Apple site (didn't check software update) and when I went to install it, it said my iPod software is already up to date :eek: I checked software update and indeed I already had it on the cd supplied. So I didn't need it. Guess that makes sense it is 17/11/05 update after all.
One of the nice things about a product being this popular is that it moves very quickly from assembly line to stores and into customers' hands. So when there's a firmware update, it can propagate through the channels extremely rapidly.

Frank (Atlanta)

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2004
Question...keep old updaters?

Question: Are each of the updaters fully-contained?

That is, if I download this latest version, do I need to keep prior versions for
any reason?

Thanks,
Frank

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
puckhead193 said:
i want my video ipod now!!!!!!:D :p
i can't wait for Chunuka harry :p
Hehe, I was gonna get myself one on the 25th but I decided to order mine now and beat the holiday rush and receive it by my birthday (Dec. 14th) and not wait till the 25th.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Still nothing to allow nested folders...What's the freaking point of adding it to iTunes to clean things up if you still have to wade through tons of playlists on your iPod. Hello! Apple? Anyone awake in there? :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.