Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks_round_icon-250x254.jpg
Apple has begun the process of training its AppleCare staff on OS X Mavericks ahead of an expected late October launch for the updated Mac operating system, reports 9to5Mac.
These sources say that training has begun today, and support staff will be required to learn about the operating system's new features, installation process, and troubleshooting options for at least six hours over the course of the next few weeks.

The training is said to be similar in secrecy and style to the iOS 7 and iTunes Radio training, and it has yet to begin for all AppleCare employees. AppleCare advisors will learn the OS X Mavericks materials in small groups in order to prevent information about the training process from becoming public knowledge.
Publicly, Apple has only stated that OS X Mavericks is "coming this fall", but the company is reportedly targeting a late October launch. The company is also expected to hold a media event as soon as this month where it could not only unveil new iPads but also officially launch the redesigned Mac Pro and perhaps other updated Mac models, offering an opportunity for a Mavericks release announcement there as well depending on timing.

OS X Mavericks has been in developer testing since its introduction at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference in June. Eight developer previews have been seeded so far, with the most recent one having been released over two weeks ago.

Article Link: AppleCare Staff Begin Training on OS X Mavericks Ahead of Expected Late October Launch

MacVista

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
If Mavericks is like iOS 7 - Thanks but NOT THANKS

If Mavericks is like iOS 7 - Thanks but NO THANKS!!
:mad:

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
How crazy would it be if Apple, at the last minute, showed off an OS X redesign to somewhat match iOS 7?

I'm not saying this would necessarily be good or bad, and I don't see it happening, but they did do a similar thing with Leopard (showed the OS early and the new design later).

I also think that it could be done tastefully, kind of like this:

ivericks_max.png

messages-ios7.jpg

Photos taken from http://9to5mac.com/2013/08/08/a-look-at-what-an-ios-7-inspired-os-x-could-look-like-gallery/

World Citizen

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
Can't wait... I am doubting the reinstall my machine for weeks... But decided to wait for Mavericks...

And without using it I can;t mis it already... I NEED the multiscreen swipe feature TODAY!

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
How crazy would it be if Apple, at the last minute, showed off an OS X redesign to somewhat match iOS 7?

I'm not saying this would necessarily be good or bad, and I don't see it happening, but they did do a similar thing with Leopard (showed the OS early and the new design later).

Photos taken from http://9to5mac.com/2013/08/08/a-look-at-what-an-ios-7-inspired-os-x-could-look-like-gallery/

I don't really like those mockups... I hope they don't go that way. But tendency says they will...

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

I wouldn't hate it.

OSX is looking more stale than iOS was, and now that iOS has been revamped, OSX just looks even worse.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011

Hideousness at its best!

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I'm guessing the late October Mavericks launch means that the October Apple event will probably be the 22nd. It's been way too quiet for it to be the 15th. I also wonder if we'll get one more Developer Preview this week?

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Hopefully they'll be doing a little more testing on the Mavericks release compared to the iOS7 release ;)

And fingers crossed, Mac Pros and new rMBPs :)

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Great, somehow my OS X lion is starting to act up. After a while sound through the thunderbolt stops being fed through to my cinema display and wifi reception is becoming worse.

I'm in need of a clean install and I would prefer to do it with Mavericks..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.