Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is making considerable progress on its project started yesterday to cover the glass facade of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco with decals bearing a colorful design and a white Apple logo, with new photos from David Jones showing the project wrapping around two sides of the building now nearly complete.

Click for larger
Apple's event kicks off next Tuesday, October 22 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time and the company is expected to introduce a number of new products including both hardware and software. New iPads are expected to be a major focus of the event, but OS X Mavericks, Mac Pro, and other products will also be addressed.

Click for larger

Article Link: Exterior Decorations at Yerba Buena Center Nearly Complete Ahead of October 22 Event

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I like! Wonder how much it costs Apple to host an event there....

----------

iPad + Apple Stylus + Controller = my dream event

I'd like to see an Apple stylus to be honest. Would be a nice product to introduce.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Hmm... couldnt the other article from yesterday have been updated instead of a whole new post? :)

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
I don't know if anybody noticed this yet, but the theme is the same as last year's event.

apple-october-23-invite.png

wmitch

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Iowa, USA
Does anyone else Decorate like this for product launches or is this exclusively an Apple thing? If it's common, i sure haven't noticed it. Looks cool though!

Pyrrhic Victory

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2012
Whoever took those photographs has very poor technical photography skills and/or no image editing skills. I could have produced something far better. For one thing they are underexposed and the white balance is much too warm.

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Whoever took those photographs has very poor technical photography skills and/or no image editing skills. I could have produced something far better. For one thing they are underexposed and the white balance is much too warm.

Next time you go and take the photos then! :p

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Say goodbye to this kind of leaks when apple would move in to the new campus in 2016, where they held the event inside.

Come on 22nd!!

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone else Decorate like this for product launches or is this exclusively an Apple thing? If it's common, i sure haven't noticed it. Looks cool though!

No kidding, eh? It's awesome how far Apple goes to create a full experience. Every detail is covered. True leaders in presentation.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
No kidding, eh? It's awesome how far Apple goes to create a full experience. Every detail is covered. True leaders in presentation.

HTC and MS did their launches in rent a tiny spaces in NYC on the west side. around 11th ave and 26st and 27st. i work close by and walked by all the bloggers waiting to get in

clamnectar

macrumors regular
May 7, 2009
On the right side of the building in lower photo, it looks like the coloured leaves theme transitions to a metallic gray. I wonder if that's in reference to the new ipad colours, or the Mac Pro, or both?

miazma

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010

I could have produced a far better comment than yours.

Oh wait. I think I just did.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008

There's no way the "warm" color could be due to the golden hour sunrise/sunset... :p

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Congratulations then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.