Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.7.2 for AirPorts with 802.11ac.

The update includes several different bug fixes, repairing an issue preventing a USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme from appearing as an available disk and fixing an issue that could cause an intermittent loss in WAN connectivity.

airport772.jpg
The update is recommended for all models of the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule that support 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

Article Link: Apple Releases AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule Firmware Update 7.7.2

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Weird. I just got an error message on my MBP saying that my last Time machine update was 223 days ago. I do remember seeing the little back up icon spinning everyday and all seemed to be okay. Strange that it occurred today.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
installed but now after my airport express extending is not on the network :confused:

Guess I need to hard reset.
I noticed this too. Let me know if the hard reset works. I updated remotely so I can't physically get to the AirPort Expresses.

----------

installed but now after my airport express extending is not on the network :confused:

Guess I need to hard reset.
Oops, never mind. It took a while by my AirPort Express extenders finally popped on the network.

Last edited:

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I noticed this too. Let me know if the hard reset works. I updated remotely so I can't physically get to the AirPort Expresses.

----------

Opps, never mind. It took a while by my AirPort Express extenders finally popped on the network.

Mine have always taken a little while longer to pop up.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

----------

Opps, never mind. It took a while by my AirPort Express extenders finally popped on the network.

Yup...no problem here with the Airport Express joining the network.

radioactive

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2006
Weird, mine popped up to update, and failed.

When I looked at the Airport Firmware page however, it listed the release date at 10 June 2013 for version 7.7.2?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Bring back the option to configure Dynamic DNS

Airport devices never had a proper DynDNS feature. While they had something like it, it was only usable for the rare times when someone made a wide area Bonjour network. Even then it required the use of a DynDNS client on a desktop machine.

miazma

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Airport devices never had a proper DynDNS feature. While they had something like it, it was only usable for the rare times when someone made a wide area Bonjour network. Even then it required the use of a DynDNS client on a desktop machine.

Well, then they should enable it the right way. Each and every crappy 3rd class router has this.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Well, then they should enable it the right way. Each and every crappy 3rd class router has this.

It was used by less than 1,000 people (as per DynDNS' numbers). Why waste time adding back in a limited feature like that when you can access your devices via iCloud's address.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Just for interest, why is this one not shown in the App Store update section? If I wouldn't have read the article by accident I surely would have missed this update.

I mean, how often do you check the Airport Utilities if the network settings function correctly?

sososowhat

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
So Glad for this! I've had regular network drop-offs for weeks. Very frustrating. It generally came back after a few minutes, or if I rebooted the Airport Extreme, and sometimes if I turned wifi off & on again from my laptop. Hoping this solves it!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Just for interest, why is this one not shown in the App Store update section? If I wouldn't have read the article by accident I surely would have missed this update.

These kinds of updates don't show up in the App Store. You must open Airport Utility for them to appear or your Airport light may blink.

Mr. Wonderful

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2009
So Glad for this! I've had regular network drop-offs for weeks. Very frustrating. It generally came back after a few minutes, or if I rebooted the Airport Extreme, and sometimes if I turned wifi off & on again from my laptop. Hoping this solves it!

This seems to be the common story with these models. I'm really hoping this update takes care of stability so that I can upgrade.

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
These kinds of updates don't show up in the App Store. You must open Airport Utility for them to appear or your Airport light may blink.

My update utility popped up automagically without being prompted.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany

True, this is what I stated basically. But the question we won't be able to answer is: Why? :D

My update utility popped up automagically without being prompted.

Exactly, it used to be different in older versions of OS X. I think it was changed with Lion.

sevenseconds

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
what is a network loop?

Can anyone explain to me what a network loop is? I've had connectivity issues where my internet drops out on my 2011 iMac but the wifi still works. Related?

wjereb

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
My airport utility on the iPad is telling me that my version (7.7.1) is up to date. Guess I'll have to try it from my MacBook.

Does anyone know why I have to enter my password every time I go in the app?

It finally let me upgrade. Now Time Machine finally works, albeit plugged directly into the USB port but not through a hub.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.