Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the fourth beta of iOS 7.1 to registered developers for testing purposes, following the release of the third iOS 7.1 beta at the beginning of this month. The update has a build number of 11D5134c and is available via an over-the-air update or through Apple's developer center website.

beta4.jpg
The last version of iOS 7 available to the public, iOS 7.0.4, was released back in November. There are still several known issues for Apple's engineers to address, so iOS 7.1 will likely not be released to the public without at least one more round of beta testing.

Today's update also includes Xcode 5.1 Developer Preview 4 and a new version of the Apple TV beta software. Earlier today, it was rumored that Apple would soon be releasing the next beta of iOS 7.1.

slidetounlock.png
While there were a wide array of UI tweaks in Beta 3, it appears that Beta 4 focuses much more on behind-the-scenes changes. The only UI change our readers have been able to find so far is a modest tweak to the Slide to Unlock animation to make it "shinier".

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4 to Developers

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
I am liking this update (from what I can see).

I would love to see a way to disable the A2DP bluetooth profile without losing the handsfree phone functionality.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Funny, this is a few times recently that there was a rumor it was going to be release "tomorrow" and then it ends up being released the same day instead.

109MB on my iPad mini with retina.

Last edited:

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
I hope some people post that they're downloading/installing the beta as much as I hope Apple makes iOS 7 run even worse on the iPhone 4.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I am liking this update (from what I can see).

I would love to see a way to disable the A2DP bluetooth profile without losing the handsfree phone functionality.

Why, what can the majority benefit from doing that?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
2 hours ago - "ios 7.1 beta 4 to be released tomorrow"

comes out shortly after.

Hopefully BGR will just stop predicting stuff. It hasn't been working.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
Beta 4 is out. I really hope it fixes a few things:

- Make Safari snappier
- Yellow screens
- Image retention on the Mini
- Terrible battery life
- Safari icon
- All icons in general
- Middle east conflicts
- iMessage failures
- Steve would never have released Beta 4, only Beta 5. He would have skipped Beta 4.
- White. All the white. Please, someone save us from the white.
- Forces Ive to wear a crew neck
- Forces Nest to decline Google
- Reduces the use of words in keynotes, such as "Magical, Amazing, Wonderful"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.