Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatpluslife

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
So here's my dilema... I have enough money for the 64gb however idk if I need that much. Here's what my usage looks like:
I take A LOT of photos
I don't take a lot of videos
I download apps conservatively so the basic instagram, Facebook, photo editing app, YouTube, and some productivity apps.
I usually download games but then delete them.

I'm thinking of getting the 64 because of the amount of photos I take. I've had my galaxy s4 for 2 years (contract) and I hit the capacity of storage this past July.

What do you guys think? I do plan to do more note taking, calendars, possibly excel, etc on this phone.

invisibleshoes

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
64GB for sure. You'll probably find yourself scrambling to delete photos on a 16GB. Plus, if you're planning to keep the phone for a while, it's an easy choice.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
i mailed my iP6 64GB to apple for repair and had to use my backup iP5 16GB. i too take a lot of photos, not many videos but have a good amount of apps. no way in heck i would ever downgrade and go back to 16GB. i obviously had to not move over about 60% of my apps, all of my music and some videos were removed to at least have about 1GB of space for the time I'm going to use it.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So here's my dilema... I have enough money for the 64gb however idk if I need that much. Here's what my usage looks like:
I take A LOT of photos
I don't take a lot of videos
I download apps conservatively so the basic instagram, Facebook, photo editing app, YouTube, and some productivity apps.
I usually download games but then delete them.

I'm thinking of getting the 64 because of the amount of photos I take. I've had my galaxy s4 for 2 years (contract) and I hit the capacity of storage this past July.

What do you guys think? I do plan to do more note taking, calendars, possibly excel, etc on this phone.
You've got almost identical usage pattern as my sister-in-law. She hates 16GB on her iPhone 6Plus. She never would have ordered it if she had understood enough technical terms to understand the ramifications of ordering the smallest storage size. I don't think she could conceptualize any of it. She just went for the least expensive option and lived to regret it. it really fell apart when she bought a new car that comes with a maintenance and diagnostic app she wanted to use. Which filled up her 16 GB fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.