17-19" CRT monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by teeps2k4, Apr 17, 2004.

1. teeps2k4 macrumors newbie

I have a new Powermac G5 single processor 1.8 GHz and am looking for a good low-end 17-19" CRT monitor. I will need to do some graphics apps, but don't need outstanding image quality. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Well since most CRT's in general are cheap (with LCD's in the market), I'd go NEC/Mistubishi unless you wanna spend 20-30% more for the Sony equivalent.

I'm running a 17" FE791SB (Flat, Aperture Grill)...and it is much clearer than your standard Shadow Mask Viewsonic.

The 19" version is FE991SB, and should be just as good, but more real-estate.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

There's a place called MerkorTech that sells refurb monitors at pretty good prices.

Personally I like www.newegg.com for most of my computer stuff. They have some good deal on 19" monitors for around $200. They usually ship pretty fast, and have good prices, but the part I like is the Amazon.com like user reviews.

And no, in case you're wondering, I don't work for them.

4. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

I absolutely love my Dell 1901FP. DVI, 4 USB 2.0, slim bezel, no dead pixels, and the best thing was the price: $550 to my door on sale at Dell small business. Cheers :D

5. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Ooops, sorry. See that you're looking for CRTs. I'm bad. Still love my Dell.

6. naodx macrumors newbie

Well I don't know what your price range is, but CRT's are becoming cheaper which is a good thing.

I just bought a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930sb for $300.00, it is an awesome monitor!!!!! It is a 19" flat screen.

You may be able to find it on the web for cheaper, but if it is in your price range I would definitely recommend it. :)

7. Nny macrumors regular

Nny

8. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Yes... this monitor kicks butt. I am currently using one and it's easy on the eyes, easy to use (buttons) and pleasant to look at (for a CRT). Great monitor.