17" Core2Duos in Stores??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by oaken, Nov 21, 2006.

1. oaken macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea as to when we can buy these in our local Apple Stores?? I'm on a list and they just tell me "we will call you when they come in" and "1-3 weeks" and "the end of november" I would like to know if it would be a better idea to just order online... Thanks

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

iMac or MBP?

3. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

He posted in the MB/MBP forum. I think he meant MacBook Pro.;)

My Apple Store only got the 15" so far, but that's in Denmark so:D

4. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I guess that should have been a clue. -10 points for me.

5. vader26 macrumors regular

None in my Apple store - about a week ago i was told to expect them in three weeks (but with some shipping i'd guess we'd get them sooner).

6. bobt macrumors regular

I picked mine up last night at the Grand Rapids Michigan store. Totally thrilled with it. I was on a call list.

7. JohnMC macrumors 6502

I was originally going to buy a 17" MBP and so I had my name on two stores lists. Unfortunatly I had to buy a computer before the 17's came in. (got a 15 and I love it.) Yesterday I got a call from one of the two apple stores that I was on the list at, and yes they had gotten about 5 in. I live in Minnesota.

JohnMC

8. aog macrumors newbie

aog

I hope to get one this weekend (Friday-Saturday), if not I´ll have to wait a whole month :(

I´ve been reading several stores all-around the country have gotten a few shipments. At least Apple has a bunch of stores in South California (San Diego area).

9. oaken thread starter macrumors newbie

well, thats good to hear...still no sign here in Nashville, maybe tomorrow...

10. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just picked up mine from Apple Store, Topanga - Canoga Park, CA. Northridge also has them.

Matte, stock configuration.
    This one's perfect (normal notebook bright area along bottom). No dead pixels. Nothing abnormal about "grain" - looks like a LCD. Store too noisy to tell anything about noise.

I say "this one", because the the first one I looked at (yes, they had more than one), has blochyness to the screen. There was a thumbsize bright area in the upper right corner, and 2 brighter areas left and right of center. The UR "blotch" was too much for me to accept - especially comparing it to a CD 17" they had on display. Anyway, just swapped machines right then and there. Much better finding out right at purchase time - especially since I live 90 miles away.

Now on to migrating from my PBG4. Oh - and "woo-hoo".

11. drewwerd macrumors newbie