17" Flat-panel iMac will cease production in June

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by pretentious, Jan 2, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2002
    DigiTimes, a Tiawanese computer magizine close to the computer makers of the iMac reports:
    IGM has gone on and speculated that this gives the possable 19" iMac more chance of being announced at MWSF.

I imagine we can also speculate that the 15" iMac will be EOL'd at MW too? since this have story has now confirmed that the production of 15" ended in October.
  2. macrumors regular

Dec 24, 2002
    Well if they do annouce a 19" iMac I will be the first to whip out my credit card :D :p
  3. Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I find it hard to believe that they would drop the 17" iMac, it's proportions are perfect and it makes the already great imac that little bit better.
  4. macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2002
    No they have changed manufacturers from LG Electronics to Hon Hai Precision Industry. So I think you will find that Digitimes is reporting what has happened at LG!

Don't get too excited.
  5. macrumors 68000

Nov 8, 2002
    Chinatown NYC
    Wow, so production of the 15" iMacs stopped in October and they're just selling off of inventory? Dang! This is why the iMacs need a price drop more then anything. If Apple dropped the price of the low-end 15" model to $999 i guarantee you sales would pick up.
  6. macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2002
    Not quite, DIgitimes is just reporting on whay has happened at LG Electronics, whether Hon Hai Precision Industry is now making a 15" is not really clear.