17" Imac g5 2.o Ghz and WOW. constant crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by StokeLee, Jun 2, 2005.

1. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

CAn any one help, ive got a brand new iMac g5, ive installed WOW, and after the downloads and everything, made a character, it worked for one min tops then crashed, its now done it ten times, ive shutdwon and started up again, but still the same,, The WOW website and forums all seem to be windoze based, and i cant find any help. I have searched them but either im not searching correctly or its just not there.
    Ive done a quick search of this forum and nothing still.
    Has any one had this problem?

Alsoive got Sim city 4, I nearly brought it for my laptop a while ago, buthung on and got the MAC edition, but that doesnt seem to run correctly, i get weird graphics problems when i play it.

CAn anyone point me in the right direction to at least try and solve these problems before i get on to the games company's and apple to check that nothing is wrong with my iMac, or video card etc, thou it plays DVD perfect : :D

any way thanks for the help inadvance

Lee

2. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I bet you 50 cents I know what the problem is.

Try system-options. (directly translated from norwegian, but you know.. The blue apple top left, then the system-thingie.)

Choose power-saving (hmm... the light bulb) and turn off the option to put the HD to sleep. Go play and have fun! :)

3. StokeLee thread starter macrumors 6502

StokeLee

I think almost, spent longer then,,, thought it had worked, anything else you think, some other sleep options???