17-inch POWERBOOK on ebay?!?!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by macsurferx, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

It's probably just a presale. They don't have it yet but when it comes in they'll ship it.

I am not sure, as I do not have the link, but that's what I would assume.

2. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Well, I'm considering selling mine brand new and unopened (no it's not in my hands yet) at a premium to anyone that wants one but can't stand to wait a month or more.

I placed my order "officially" 11:30 CST on Jan 7. as soon as the store was back online. I would be shocked if I didn't end up with one of the first available machines. The crappy part is that my order status still says "on or before Feb 20". Ugh.

However, I don't have it yet and the price would be well above the Apple.com price. But I can provide proof of ordering and all that jazz and you'd have it the morning after it arrived. Time is money right?

But yeah - those on eBay...unless they're "pre-selling" them - no way. Some user on MacNN claimed his order status said "on or before Jan 28" and he placed his order a couple weeks ago. However, he still can't produce any images.

3. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

This reminds me of when the PlayStation 2 first shipped and supplies were very tight. People were selling them for around $400-500 or more.

4. rkid021 macrumors newbie

I have seen them too, but if you read all the small information at the end, you will see it that it says they will be shipped 29+ days after payment or something.

5. macsurferx thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Bear macrumors G3

Apple is quoting a 6-8 Week leadtime on the 17" Powerbook, so if you just ordered it, of course the "on or before" date will be early April. CompUSA ordered theirs back at the beginning of January. The question is, how many do they have presold? If you ordered one via CompUSA will you get yours from their first shipment? Or do they already have a waiting list?

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yeah, you're right that ridiculous notion of FIFO (first in first out) is stupid.

They should give the person at the end of the line priority, because they deserve it for being lazy and/or drinking too much the night before to make it in time to be first.

Plus the people at the front of the line are probably all excited and agravating the hangover, by talking too loud.

Absolutely no respect...

:p

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

One thing about the 17" - even the one on the mini-Me and Yao commercial wasn't working, the movie playing on the screen was superimposed. So I'm wondering if the displays are causing the delay.

Anyone know what's happening to cause it?

D

9. cliffm macrumors member

cliffm

When I wa at the Apple store and employee said some one came in whos 17" PowerBook arrived yesterday.

Seems like they are starting to ship.

10. rideahyperLite macrumors member

does anyone know if the apple stores have them in yet? mine said they dont know when to expect them for display. i want to play with it before i buy it. also do u think that in a month or so they will have them available for 2-3 day shipping?

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

i already got mine :D

hehe

cliffm-which apple store? the guys at the one at the grove said the 17" alubook wasn't gonna be there until late feb.

12. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

Could be, but i do not think that is enough evidence. Most computer screen images are superimposed for print or media advertising simply because it makes it look better. So this is not that unusual, but the screens could be a reason.

13. cliffm macrumors member

cliffm

This was at the Glendale Galeria store.. She said it was shipped to a customer's doorstep who ordered on Apple's website.

14. rideahyperLite macrumors member

how is it.. what do u like and dislike about it.. any problems? is it fast?

15. nanosound macrumors regular

Ubergeek,

When did you order yours? I was expecting people won't see them until the end of February, but this is good news.