17 inch Powerbooks shipped!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iJon, Mar 14, 2003.

1. macrumors 604

iJon

Dealers will soon be receiving a demo unit of the 17 inch powerbook by monday. the wait is over.

iJon

2. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

very cool, time to plan that robbery of the apple store or local apple reseller.

3. macrumors member

word.. so how do u know this

4. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

5. macrumors G3

iJon probably knows this, because his parents got a shipping notification for their store.

6. macrumors regular

Yeah, I just saw the MacNN and came here. Hooray, I can't believe it, but this is good news.

7. macrumors 6502

Great, now they can sell more of them that they don't have.

My order date hasn't changed. Still skeptical of them getting to consumers anytime soon.

8. macrumors newbie

Correct

I spent a day at the orlando millennia apple store on thursday and the saleslady I flirted with said that they were shipping back the non-functioning unit and receiving a real-working model of the 17inch pb on monday or tuesday. The only reason she told me I think was because she wanted me; she kind of whispered it to me passionately. I mean not that it's a big secret but you wouldn't just tell anyone that. ;) Right???

9. thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Re: Correct

date her, stock up on stuff with your discount and dump her. unless she is hot.

iJon

10. macrumors 6502a

Dear B -

Perhaps it's not a 'big secret' but remember it's your secret and you don't have to tell anyone about it until you're good and ready. My uncle Benny had a 'big secret' too.

Some women are just naturally drawn to the kind of men who can spend a whole day in a retail store. But even though she's a woman, it doesn't mean she doesn't have feelings too.

Tell her your 'big secret' when it's appropriate, but do it before she gets too involved with you and gets her poor heart broken.

- Abby

11. macrumors 604

scem0

Re: Re: Correct

great advice. If she gets higher up on the apple command line,
    dont dump her. ;). Or if she's hot....

12. macrumors member

Mine's coming!

My PowerBook 17" has shipped too! It should be here Monday or Tuesday at the latest! I ordered the computer 1/8 from the Apple Education store. Its a stock configuration.

:D :D

13. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Our contact at macWarehouse says they have 500 arriving "next week", thinks this is the main shipment for the UK, I'm no.8 on the list:D

BRING IT ON:p

14. macrumors regular

I believe it but I don't believe it! What about reserved store units. I prepayed at the store and am on the short list. What do you think? Can't wait!

(((k)))

15. macrumors 6502

MY POWERBOOK SHIPPED!!!!! :D :D :D :D

E-MAIL SENT FROM APPLE AT 4:55 THIS MORNING!!!! :D :D :D :D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I ordered (as I'm sure you all know by now) minutes after the announcement w/stock config and ADC purchase plan.

YEEEESSSSS. Happy day!!!

16. macrumors member

Yep, FlamDrag, mine has shipped too!!!!

Though not with ADC discount. Oh well.

17. macrumors regular

Got to love them apple girls. The apple store near me is better than hooters! :D I have one that I may ask out as well. She didnt whisper passionately in my ear, however. 15% off...and lets not forget Christmas and my birthday.:D

Y am I sitting here typing when I can be there asking?

18. macrumors 6502

Just a comment - it's awfully cruel of them to ship on a saturday when the FedEx tracking information won't be up until Monday.

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Think Cocker Spaniel when their owner gets home...

19. macrumors regular

I just checked the status of my order, and it was changed from on or before 26 March to 'OPEN"!! Sounds promising, i guess.

20. macrumors 6502a

pleeeease post a picture
    pleease

mine still hasn't shipped..but at this rate I hope to see it before the end of the month

ahhhhhhhh

just waiting for the day I can pull it out at starbucks and watch them peeceee ppl drool....MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

im so evil >:D

21. macrumors regular

Amazon used to say releasing on the 15th. Today it says shipping within 2-3 days!! They must have a bunch of them. So perhaps early orders will be shipped next week? I hope.

22. macrumors regular

Im definitly happy for everyone who is soon to get their powerbooks... Im betting pacients will definitly pay off for all of you because these things should be SWEET! Now that these things are shipping anyone for BTO 1.42 powermacs? been about 6 weeks since I ordered and about to go insaine here waiting for it to be shipped. But again I hope everyone of you just LOVE your toys when they get to you.

23. thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

everyone post your picture requests. i can take a picture of the 17 next to any mac besides the 14 inch ibook. just let me know. i will take them monday in the morning.

iJon

24. macrumors 6502a

please

please take the following pics

1. in the box before its open
    2. pics of the box - front, back, sides etc.
    3. pic of the powerbook inside the box
    4. pics of whatever it comes with
    5. pic of it booting up
    6. pic of it running osx
    7. complete pics of its size relative the imacs relative to an average human hand - just kinda hard to get an idea of the size

8. pics of all the ports
    9. pics of it on a desk/ beside a peecee

AND FINALLY

10. pic of that fed-ex guy who delivered it (i dunno..just gotta make sure he felt special)
    11. pic of a peecee user when you show it to them

god i hope this holds me till i get mine
    still says on or before 4/25
    argh!! and i ordered mine feb 10th

please please please remember
    the more pics the better
    some of us are going stir crazy waiting for ours

25. Moderator emeritus

I'm going over to the store right now to show her your post and see what she says. :D