17" Laptop

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ERS, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ERS macrumors newbie

Mar 7, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Has anyone heard when they are shipping the 17" laptops? Just curious?
  2. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    Re: 17" Laptop Ship date?

my ship date is driving me nuts for some reason it says something like shipping on or before some date in late April early May and i was hoping i'd get it before WWDC.
    I got it the day steve unveiled it at MWSF and the previous ship date was in late february, then mid march and now late april at the earliest :rolleyes:
  3. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2002
    Charles City, Iowa
    Re: Re: 17" Laptop Ship date?

I know. While I'm glad Apple got a lot of publicity and hype over their release at MWSF, and with MW's in general, I think it is rediculous for Apple to set a date at MWSF and then not be able to follow through with the promised date. Apple really needs to get their act together. If they weren't sure they would be able to mass produce and send the 17 inch Powerbook by Mid-February, then they should have been more general, and said "Shipping this Spring," or something like that.:rolleyes:
  4. nixd2001 macrumors regular

Aug 21, 2002
    Went to a local UK Apple dealer today. They were meant to have a 17" PB for demonstration purposes. They didn't. They said there is precisely one 17" PB in the entirety of the UK. They don't expect any more until April :mad:

I part achieved my goal though: the 12" Pb is too small for what I want. The 15" would do me fine. But I still don't know whether the 17" is better or too big. Oh well.
  5. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Jan 8, 2003
    Western Hemisphere
    Dispite rumors of them shipping last week or today or tomorrow or next week - all people just trying to ruffle feathers - Earliest official information is on or before 10 April.