17" MBP owners, do you love your speakers or what?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by chosenwolf, Jun 10, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Are these not the best built in speakers on a laptop that you've ever heard? I've been playing music in iTunes for 30 minutes at full volume and the sound is so loud and crisp. They sound a lot better than the ones in the 15" MBP (which I previously had).

Just had to share :)

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I wouldn't call them anywhere near the best I've ever heard, but at the very least they're probably the best that Apple has put on a laptop to date. Certainly good enough to listen to, which is more than I can say of the iBooks.

I've heard others complaining about them, but really they seem decent to me.

3. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

They're the best I've ever heard from Apple laptops. But they're still nowhere comparable to some of iPod portable speakers available in the market IMO.

But I do really enjoy them a lot.

4. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I'm taking about BUILT-IN laptop speakers only. :)

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I was a bit surprised, yeah. I've heard even some 'media center' laptops but the MBP is better than those. I usually have it plugged into a Firewire soundcard so it's moot but it's a "nice to have".

6. Marlon_JBT macrumors 6502

I haven't heard the 17" MBP speakers, but my 15" MBP speakers are by far the best laptop speakers I've heard to date. Puts my 12" PB to shame too. (And those were the best at the time too!)

7. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

The 17-inch PowerBook/MBP has awesome speakers, indeed!

8. Azurael macrumors regular

My Rev.A 15" PowerBook has far worse sound than the 12" Rev.A I used to have :( Still, it's better than any of the Windoze machines I own.