17"pb & blueTooth microsoft mouse

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by thumper, Jan 3, 2004.

1. thumper macrumors 6502

thumper

i just bought this mouse and it works pretty good, anyone eles have this?

i dont know where to set-up the buttons for it.

is there a better blue tooth mouse?

2. thekaiser macrumors member

Take a look at the thread below. Later in the thread there is some good discussion on the MS mouse. Everyone seems to be very pleased with the mouse. I believe you setup the extra buttons in the expose portion of the system preferences panel. People have mentioned that expose supports the extra buttons. If you are happy with the mouse's performance I would keep it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53217

3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Yeah, I've got it and use it with my 15" PB. Other than with Expose I'm not sure you can change the functions of the buttons. Right-click maps automatically to control-click - it seems like that's what you'd want anyway. Scroll wheel works. I haven't tried mapping buttons in any games.

4. thumper thread starter macrumors 6502

thumper

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

i have it for the 12" PB... it's great, but like the Belkin and Logitech BT mice, the other buttons can only be used for expose... for now. I'm hopefully that mac drivers for this mouse (and the other two as well) will eventually be released, allowing the additionally buttons to be programed for other things. But I like having expose at my fingertips anyway, so i'm not complaining.