17" Powerbook Battery Life

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by daedelgt, Apr 25, 2003.

1. daedelgt macrumors member

Wow. I stopped using my computer last night at around midnight or so, and left it beside my bed. I was so tired I forgot to put it to sleep. Right now I have the forest screen saver going. It's now 8:12 in the morning and the screen saver was still running with 14 minutes left on battery life. I left it with about 2 hours of life when I went to sleep. I have sleep turned off for all you doubters :) It turns on only when I close the lid.

How cool is that?

2. orangefoodie macrumors member

I'm gREEN with envy. The longest my Sophie has been able to run on batteries is something like 3:40, with very light use. No folding or Deeveedee watching, or screensavers running...

3. daedelgt thread starter macrumors member

Really? I got 4 hours out of it recording a lecture.

4. Riko19 macrumors member

i tell you what it seems like the battery life varies depending how hardcore you are with it and how many processes you use... i wonder when i get mine,, if it has an alarm clock lol i can never get out of bed in the mornning you see,,,,soo lazy, hey the screensavers look very detailed and smoot.. is this right they are never that good on My top notch pc....
    do any of you use that like animated desktop program.....ust wondering about it as a first time mac user...