17" powerbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by IDANNY, Nov 4, 2004.

1. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I wanna get a 17" powerbook I dont really care what revision it is. Could I find 1 for about 1,500.

2. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I am looking at one I found in this furom he said he would sell it to me for 1,500. he was a newbie but he said he but it from someone else in the forum. He said that he lived in nj. He agreed to using escrow.com. Is this a good idea.

3. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

why don't you look down at the Apple Specials page. You might find a good rev c refurb there. or maybe at Amazon.com a good rev b

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

Always use escrow.com

Steve

5. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Is there any other places to look I already checked amazon. Thanks for all the help.

6. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

Why don't you just bite the bullet and get a 15 inch refurb. for $1699. There is nothing that the 17 inch can do that the 15 inches can. The 17 inch models are just huge, really, they are big, too big to fit on an airplane tray table, and with all the goodies, the PowerBook 15 inch is a great buy, i am over the moon with mine. Unfortunately, a 17 inch refurb. is $2399, so that is out of your price range. Try eBay.

7. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I decided not to go with the 17 inch that I found here on the forums I am going to wait a while and use my old imac. Then maybe when the powerbooks have a revision I will get one of ebay.