17" widescreen with iMac G4 problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iCrazy, May 27, 2006.

1. iCrazy macrumors newbie

I have scoured the internet for any information on how to fix this problem. I hope someone can help me. I have a 17" widescreen external monitor hooked up with a VGA adapter to my iMac 17" widescreen. All I am simply trying to do is match the resolutions on them. My mac is running at 1440x900 and I would like my external to run at the same setting. Does anyone know of a program/hack to allow me to do this???

Thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. iCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the screen spanning doctor. I need something to raise the resolution of the external monitor to 1440x900, right now it maxes out at 1028x768 or something. I need a resolution adjustment program/hack. Thanks.

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well the 17" monitor may only go up to 1028X768, thou doubtful since you said it was widescreen.

check the manufacture's site for tech specs

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

If it cant go any higher, its the native resolution of the display, this is doubtfull however, you said its a widescreen...

6. iCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well see, here's the thing...I found a couple of programs that are raising the resolution (SwitchResX and DisplayConfigX) but the current resolution I am at now is 1056x594, so it is in widescreen now but it isn't clear it's all blurry so thats why I would like to go higher. I know that both of those programs I am currently using WILL go that high but they cost $$$$ (i know i know i'm a cheap bastard!) but I don't want to pay for them if another program exists that can do it for free. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for everyone's input...much appreciated.

(I think I'm going to post my setup so you can have a better idea also)

7. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Ok, listen: if the external screens resolution is 1024 something you can't go higher. End of story. Even if you found some hacks or programs it would look insanely bad.

Buy a new external screen and make sure it has a native resolution the same as the iMac's.

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Man, you just CANNOT pass the native resolution of LCD.

You could check the specs for this external to see the maximum resolution of it. I would have done in in the 1st place

9. iCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

I ended up paying for the program to up the resolution and I now have it running at 1376x774 and it looks great!! thanks again guys.

10. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Is your external display 16:9??

11. iCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie