Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After showing off a concept for a sapphire-glass backed "iPhone Air" earlier this month, French Apple website Nowhereelse.fr [Google Translate] and graphic designer Martin Hajek have teamed up once again to create a set renders for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and accompanying cases in a variety of colors, which are based on leaked schematics posted by Japanese magazine MacFan and the dimensions of an alleged case that surfaced earlier this week.

iphone_6_hajek4_1-800x600.jpg
The renderings depict the iPhone 6 as a thin device with rounded corners, with the power button located along the upper right side of the device and rectangular volume controls similar to that of the fifth-generation iPod touch. The case rendered to compliment the phone also contains cutouts for each new design change, along with holes for the camera, flash, and Apple logo on the rear.

iphone_6_hajek4_3-800x600.jpg
Notably, a bigger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 is also rendered alongside the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 4-inch iPhone 5s, retaining the same design properties as the 4.7-inch version. Apple is expected to launch both sizes of the iPhone 6 in the near future, however reports have indicated the 4.7-inch version will launch first this fall as the company will likely delay the launch of the 5.5-inch version due to production issues.

iphone_6_hajek4_2-800x600.jpg
Along with a larger display, Apple's next-generation iPhone is expected to include a thinner design, new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and an upgraded camera in the form of optical image stabilization. Apple is also reportedly negotiating with carriers to increase the price of the iPhone 6 by $100.

Article Link: New iPhone 6 Renderings Based on Recent Info Show Design Changes

Goldex

macrumors member
May 15, 2009
Looks... Android.

No who am I kidding, I'm glad with the big screen, smaller top bazel, power button move and mostly the rounded back for comfort!

bnmcj1

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2014
Glass back? No sale. Even if sapphire. Not after owning iPhone 4 and 5s with the stupid glass backplates.

That render looks so bad. It could never have those big rounded bezels.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
In the renderings, the 4.7" really doesn't look much bigger than the 4". The 5.5" looks huge though.

Wuiffi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
as long as there will still be a smaller (~4") device for those of us who don't own a men purse, apple can go on and make as many big devices as they want.

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Even the iPhone with 4,7 inch screen looks too big, especially compared to the normal sized iPhone 4/4S. For me iPhone 5/5S is already too big. I hope Apple will keep small iPhones as well. I want to buy a new smaller iPhone.

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
Why the thick bezel? Is this supposed to be a homage to the original iPhone? I love the somewhat bezel-less design of the iphone 5.

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
I have iPhone 5s and Nexus 5 (personal & work phones, respectively). I think 4" is a bit too cramped, but the Nexus 5" screen, while beautiful, is just a bit too large to use conveniently. So I definitely look forward to the 4,7" iPhone 6 (and no way in hell to the 5,5" version). :)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Glass back? No sale. Even if sapphire. Not after owning iPhone 4 and 5s with the stupid glass backplates.

That render looks so bad. It could never have those big rounded bezels.

I hope they bring the glass back. I maybe in the minority though.

My favourite iPhone is still the 4S.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I hope they bring the glass back. I maybe in the minority though.

My favourite iPhone is still the 4S.

Youre not. Glass back was the most premium looking and feeling iPhone to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.