175 Pound Tumor Removed!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/01/21/health.romania.tumor.reut/index.html

Ugh!! That's just not right.

What's even more sad is that they couldn't get the money together to get the operation, so they *sold* the rights to the Discovery Channel.

Good for the woman, most likely, but now we can all look forward to seeing this on 'The Operation'.

Morbid curiosity makes me curious, but just the thought of seeing a 175 pound tumor makes me cringe...

:eek:

D

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

yeah, i'm curious, but i'm also not sure if i want to see a tumor that's bigger than me...

i saw a pic of the world record tumor (can't remember the weight, but it was huge) in the guinness book of world records... it just looked like a magnified image of a smaller bodily mass stuff....

can't even imagine having to see this thing in person, much less having to operate on it to remove it! eck!! :eek: :( (where's the barfing smiley? :D )

3. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Wow.. good thing the GF has cable :D

but i really liked this line from the article

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i cant imagine something that big growing on me. the thought gives me the heebeejeebies

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Wow, and that wasn't even the record. Can't imagine having 302lbs dragging along.

6. sethypoo macrumors 68000

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very happy to hear that Lucica Bunghez, 47, was able to have a successful surgery and recovery. It is very sad that they didn't have the technology to do the surgery sooner.