Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As iOS 8 proceeds through development and testing, the fourth beta version will be seeded to developers on Monday, July 21, according to BGR. A release on that date would mark a two-week interval since the release of the third beta on July 7, down from a roughly three-week interval between the second and third betas.

ios_8_fall_roundup.jpg
BGR regularly publishes reports predicting future release dates for iOS betas, and while the predictions are sometimes off by a day or two as was the case with beta 3, they are usually close to the actual date barring any last-minute schedule changes by Apple. As a result, it is reasonable to believe the fourth beta should arrive early next week rather than the following week.

Article Link: iOS 8 Beta 4 Reportedly Coming Monday, July 21

Havalo

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
According to BGR - oh dear. His predictions are about as good as British weather forecast system...

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
ios 8 has been very buggy on my 5. Surprisingly so. Constant freezing and forcing reboots. I did not load it on my 5S so i am unsure of any problems on that.

madeinjersey

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
New Jersey
These release dates are pretty regular. You really need to refer to BGR?!?
BGR is always wrong so I am betting it will be tuesday the 22nd or the week after haha.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
According to BGR - oh dear. His predictions are about as good as British weather forecast system...

I know. As an aside, you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to predict British weather -- just always say it'll be miserable and you'd get it right 99% of the time. :D

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Help!

I have the DP of iOS8 on my old iPad2 and that wallpaper is just plain creepy. It really makes me feel like I'm drowning! I don't get the point of it. Maybe the wallpaper for the final version will be splashing out of the water like a dolphin. That would be better.

stevejobz

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2014
So just how much space do we need on our phone I heard it to be around 4GB is that still true?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.