Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_festival_london_2014-250x129.png
Apple today announced that it has added 21 more acts to the lineup for this year's iTunes Festival in London, adding artists such as Lenny Kravitz, The Script, Foxes, and more. Those acts will join artists such as Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, David Guetta and many others for 30 nights of concerts at The Roundhouse throughout September.

Free tickets for the concerts in London will be available through iTunes in a lottery system as well as through local radio stations. For those not attending in person, the iTunes Festival will be broadcast via Apple TV, iOS app, and the iTunes Desktop application.

Earlier this year, Apple held the first iTunes U.S. Festival at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2014, which was held at Moody Theater. The 2013 iTunes Festival in London featured performances from a large lineup including Justin Timberlake, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Jack Johnson, and more.

Article Link: Apple Expands Lineup for 8th Annual iTunes Festival in London with Lenny Kravitz, Others

uklee

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
Maybe sour grapes on my part but here goes.

I have purchased hundred of pound worth of music etc via iTunes -last year applied for 7 gigs was hoping for 1. Nothing. Yet I know people who have applied never purchased anything formations and they received tickets. To add insult, they are not even 'fans' of the groups they are going to see. Its a gig and a night out.

Surely gig tickets could be awarded to those that have purchased artist music via iTunes?

Its a great event and and wish everyone a great night out :)

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I have purchased hundred of pound worth of music etc via iTunes -last year applied for 7 gigs was hoping for 1. Nothing. Yet I know people who have applied never purchased anything formations and they received tickets. To add insult, they are not even 'fans' of the groups they are going to see. Its a gig and a night out.

In the early years of the iTunes festival I won multiple sets of tickets each year, too. Saw some amazing shows. But the last 3 years or so, nothing at all.

To be fair, ever since Spotify came along I hardly buy any music on iTunes any more. Maybe it's because of that.

Or, maybe the iTunes festival has just become far more popular.

Or maybe Apple is discriminating against us "old folk" now that I'm in the 30+ demographic :)

tennisproha

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
Maybe sour grapes on my part but here goes.

Surely gig tickets could be awarded to those that have purchased artist music via iTunes?

Its a great event and and wish everyone a great night out :)

well to be fair tickets are supposedly awarded on a lottery system which would mean its random drawings not at all based on your financial worth to apple. but I don't think apple does it to attract sales anyway. I think they just do it out of company culture, and excess money, hoards of excess money to spend.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Foxes? Yawn. Just another Lady Blahblah clone.

Now, if it were the Fleet Foxes that had been added, then I'd be interested. :cool:

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Kylie!

I didn't know Kylie Minogue is going to be part of iTunes festival.

uklee

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
well to be fair tickets are supposedly awarded on a lottery system which would mean its random drawings not at all based on your financial worth to apple. but I don't think apple does it to attract sales anyway. I think they just do it out of company culture, and excess money, hoards of excess money to spend.

I dont have any issue with your statement - if you have customers that are buying your product and putting coppers into your bank you look after them. Ti me if someone as sadly purchased all the Kylie CD they should stand a reasonable chance of receiving a ticket than a person who's created an account in the Apple store and purchased nothing from iTunes. that seem fair. I did say it was sour grapes on my part for not receiving any ticket for a number of gigs applied for :)

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
First year I've applied for tickets. I watched the different events on iTunes last year and thought it was all kinda cool. I've applied for tickets for a bunch of the different acts but I don't suppose I'll win any. :p

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Wow, cool lineup.
Would surely enjoy this free music on the iTunes, thanks apple!!

tennisproha

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2011
Texas
I dont have any issue with your statement - if you have customers that are buying your product and putting coppers into your bank you look after them. Ti me if someone as sadly purchased all the Kylie CD they should stand a reasonable chance of receiving a ticket than a person who's created an account in the Apple store and purchased nothing from iTunes. that seem fair. I did say it was sour grapes on my part for not receiving any ticket for a number of gigs applied for :)

I def see you POV. I would prob feel the same way if I wanted to see my favorite band too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.