Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Though the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are not expected to be delivered to customers and released to stores until Friday, September 19, some devices have already begun showing up in Vietnam and China.

According to Dan Tri [Google Translate] an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were spotted in a Red River restaurant in Vietnam by an AP reporter, who confirmed the legitimacy of the devices.

iphones1.jpg
The reporter is said to have tested features like Messages and Siri to confirm that the devices seen in Vietnam were real, and Dan Tri snapped several photos of the two phones. The images show off the size difference between the two models and how the devices fit into a pocket.

22-1fcb1.jpg
Dan Tri also shares some details on the two new devices, suggesting that despite the size increase, the iPhone 6 Plus is comfortable to hold and feels like "a miniature mini iPad." The cameras, though protruding, are not much of a hinderance, and two phones are "fast" and quick to open apps.

iphones2.jpg
iPhone 6 models have also appeared in China, with users on the MacX.cn forums sharing several photos of the devices.

Apple was unable to keep a tight rein on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus this year, with several parts leaking out ahead of the iPhone announcement. Enough parts leaked, in fact, that Feld & Volk was able to assemble a functional iPhone well ahead of release, and the weekend before Apple unveiled the two devices, a fully functional version of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 was shared by a Chinese user.

iphone6imageschina.jpg
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be in retail stores beginning on Friday, September 19. Early pre-orders placed on September 12 will also begin arriving on that date, though a few lucky customers often get their devices delivered early due to shipping errors and the logistics of delivering hundreds of thousands of devices simultaneously.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Models Popping Up in China, Vietnam Ahead of September 19 Launch

cleirac

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Revenge of the nerds in China for not being included in the initial launch week. :p

Some heads will roll ... :D

Rainbow Evil

macrumors member
May 13, 2014
UK
Of course they have, bound to happen. I just want someone who wants to perform a drop test to get hold of them!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
4.7" looking like the perfect size

5.5" probably isn't nearly as bad as it sounds to hold in hand. I'm just concerned about lugging it to the gym or on a run. Might be a little uncomfortable in fitted jeans too.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
This isn't surprising since this is where the phones are made. It's impossible for Apple to keep track of every single one of the millions of iPhones made in a foreign country, in a plant that isn't run or owned by Apple.

kmil

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2013
I'm sorry but that pocket picture is proof that Bigger is not always better. It looks ridiculous. I have read people saying "Apple is catching up with the 5.5" or "Apple is still behind because so and so has a larger than 5.5" display". This phone is HUGE for small people. At least there is a choice though. 4.7" for me if I get one.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
It's clearly a mockup running Android, I mean just look at those bezels.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Woah...that 6 plus is a jumbotron. I clearly remember smirking at some guy with a Note 3 in his shirt pocket & thinking what a show off jerk.

Now with my order of a 6 plus I'm thinking...rethinking... Eek is that thing too big? Seeing that shirt pocket picture hit close to home especially after smirking at that guy I saw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.