Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Online Stores around the world have begun accepting orders for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus as part of a second wave launch that will see the devices become available in more than 20 additional countries.

The two devices are now available for order online in multiple different countries, and will become available in local retail stores in the morning. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are already on sale in stores in New Zealand, where it is just after 11:30 AM.

iphone6-stock-photo.jpg
Second wave launch countries for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and United Arab Emirates.

Many countries where the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are available for purchase online are displaying shipping estimates of five to seven days for both devices, for all colors, carriers, and capacities. In many cases, these shipping estimates are better than the shipping estimates for new orders placed in first wave launch countries, but estimates may change as available supply per country dwindles.

Initial iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sales in the United States, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, and Singapore topped 10 million during the first weekend that the devices were available for purchase, which Apple CEO Tim Cook said "exceeded expectations."

Apple has plans to bring the new iPhones to 115 countries by the end of 2014.

Article Link: Apple's Second Wave iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Launch Kicks Off With Online Availability in Several Additional Countries

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
Just ordered a 128GB 6, no dramas. 5-7 day shipping as well. Ain't about to bend over backwards to get one from a store.

Last edited:

constantsnags!

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Aotearoa
Just ordered 2 x iPhone 6, shipping 5-7 days. Silicone cases are showing 2-3 weeks though, which is irritating. I've ordered a leather one for my phone and still waiting to see what my wife wants for hers. Store was down for over three hours this morning.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I would like them to finish distributing to the first wave before starting a second.

Amen to that.... Still a month away from getting mine.... Guess

----------

On the bright side.... Got lied to so many times by att that I moved to tmobile....which the lower prices let me afford to get the whole family 6's :)

alitarbegshe

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2014
Can anyone explain why Puerto Rico was chosen by Apple as first wave?

Just seems odd, didn't think the country was a hot spot like the others.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil

Low iPhone 5S stock? In Brazil it's usually launches several months after the launch date, probably because Apple needs selling a big stock from older models.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
And tons of US orders for the Plus still won't be delivered until November...

Sunny1888

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
iPhone 6 and 6 plus Release conundrum

iPhone 6 and 6 plus are not released in top 2 countries in population.
China and India. 2.5 billion in population.

But released in below countries. I can understand the 'bend' but not this logic...

Isle of Man: 85K population :eek::eek:
Austria : 1.8 million....:eek::eek:

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Had my old iPhone 4 on the store page for about 2.5 hours while it was offline showing that they were updating. As soon as the page came up I was on it and pulled the trigger. I got to handle a 6 plus this morning (someone who preordered from one of the carriers had it) and it felt pretty darn big but I think I'll cope. My wife is getting a 6. 5-7 days delivery. Sure hope that's accurate given that I must have been one of the very first people to get my order through.

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
Keep rolling out the junk.

Steve Jobs has rolled in his grave every night since the announcement; & twice during a **** up.

Apple is lost; & so are the vast majority of their 'new' fans.

rcouter

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2014
I just got my 6+ today. It is huge! I'm coming from a 4S so I'm loving the speed and screen. I just can't figure out how to carry it. Should I get a murse or a neck chain?

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
I just got my 6+ today. It is huge! I'm coming from a 4S so I'm loving the speed and screen. I just can't figure out how to carry it. Should I get a murse or a neck chain?

I plan to carry the phone in the pocket of my laptop case and use the watch to answer calls when I can buy one :)

I figure, as a phablet, it can replace my phone and iPad but I'll keep the iPad for the moment and see how it goes.

jont-fu

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
I would like them to finish distributing to the first wave before starting a second.

That would only help those people who are in the first wave countries to get their phones quicker. Obviously everyone of us all arond the world would like the same, so they are just trying to keep everybody happy :) There are probably other good reasons too, like getting analytics of the demand for different models around the world so they can optimize the production.. and taking advantage of all the #bendgate etc news stories to push sales ;)

Last edited:

Cali Fornia

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Vienna, Austria
iPhone 6 and 6 plus are not released in top 2 countries in population.
China and India. 2.5 billion in population.

But released in below countries. I can understand the 'bend' but not this logic...

Isle of Man: 85K population :eek::eek:
Austria : 1.8 million....:eek::eek:

Austria has 8 Million, close to Sweden and more than Switzerland.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

Puerto Rico is not a country. It's a territory of the US and is a state in everything but name only.

I don't even know why it was listed separately in the article. It's the same as saying "The iPhone was released in the US, UK, Germany and Missouri".

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
Ordered a 6+ 64 gb, shows 5-7 business days here in the Netherlands. I'll buy a case locally when I get the phone, so far they only offer apple's cases but I'd like to see what else is out there first

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.