Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new version of the iTunes 12 beta for both developers and OS X Yosemite beta testers, following Monday's release of the Yosemite Golden Master Candidate and a fourth public beta.

yosemiteitunes12.jpg
First introduced in July, iTunes 12 includes an "elegant new design" that also includes support for several iOS 8/Yosemite features, including Family Sharing. Apple has released three iTunes beta updates thus far, fixing small bugs and other issues. This newest beta includes new top bar icons in preferences with an iOS-style design and stoplight buttons that have been moved back to the center.

icons.jpg

stoplight.jpg
iTunes 12 also includes improved playlists, a redesigned Info Window, and a new icon. Both iTunes 12 and OS X Yosemite remain in a beta testing phase, though a public release for the software is expected in October.

Article Link: Apple Releases New iTunes 12 Beta for OS X Yosemite

AnsonX10

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
4/20
Already played with it. I hate it.

I might not hate it if it actually worked. Like, ever.

Once you look at a CD (in my case) you can't look at your playlists, music, or anything else again without quitting and re-opening.

lowercaseperson

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2006
Sadly since Spotify/GooglePlay/GrooveShark are out there. I rarely even open iTunes anymore. Last time I did I got frustrated and went back to my streaming services. :(

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
What exactly is "improved playlists" supposed to mean? Specifically?

I haven't heard of a single improvement or even change to how it handles playlists. And I'll bet it still won't handle nested playlists with iTunes match.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Great! This fixed the bug where old iTunes Extras weren't downloading.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Did they bring back the autofill button? I couldn't seem to find it in iTunes 12 on OS X Yosemite Beta

Laurence Eckert

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2014
But why aren't they adding menu bar translucency? Wouldn't this be the application that makes the most sense to use this for?

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
But why aren't they adding menu bar translucency? Wouldn't this be the application that makes the most sense to use this for?
Maybe it would take too much sense!

----------

I still can't get used to the vertically-centered "traffic light" controls. It introduces inconsistency when moving from one app to another.
I for one love it! Couldn't wait for Apple to introduce is system-wide the first time I saw the concept. Makes OS X appear unique again.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Queue the "Does it fix ___?" comments.

Mine's "podcast syncing".

----------

Already played with it. I hate it.

I might not hate it if it actually worked. Like, ever.

Once you look at a CD (in my case) you can't look at your playlists, music, or anything else again without quitting and re-opening.

What is a "CD"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.