17inch PB Noise

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by b-smooth, Apr 27, 2003.

1. b-smooth macrumors newbie

Does anyone's 17inch Albook make a noise when scrolling down webpages in safari? It sounds like it is the graphics card but I'm not sure. Is it supposed to make noise like that. It's a very high pitched squeaking that you can hear only if there isn't much ambient noise. Tell me what's up.

2. nanosound macrumors regular

Yeah, I've noticed two kinds of noises lately. A few days ago, what I think is the fan on the left side buzzes. Perhaps it is in contact with something.

The squeaking I noticed when I plugged in my Cambridge computer speakers. There is a noticeable high frequency squealing when I click and drag the blue scroll bar on the right. I was using Reason at the time. Bizarre!

Then of course there's the popping of the speakers as my system powers up.

Sound could use some work.

3. Wano macrumors 6502

I've heard all of those sounds coming from my 17"PB...it makes me feel a little bit better though, knowing that it's just not mine.

4. MUrhino macrumors regular

MUrhino

Titanium too!

I know my 15" Titanium does that as well. it's really not that loud, but if the only noise you hear is your fan on the PB, then it gets annoying. It sound like a squeaking noise right? That's what I'm hearing. The funny thing is that it only makes the noise while running Safari (either navigating to a page or loading something). I've moved to Mozilla. I don't like Safari (don't kill me please) mainly because it doesn't work with all the pages I go to most often and I don't like switching between browsers. Mozilla's awesome. As far as the sound...I dunno. Our Mac technician said to try installing it under a new user profile, but that didn't do jack. I don't know what to tell ya. :confused:

5. ozubahn macrumors regular

My TiBook (first generation) often makes an almost inaudible buzzing sound when the processor load is high. It comes from the general area of the power conversion circuitry, so I have always assumed that it is part of the switching power supply straining under the increased current load. You may be hearing something similar. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it.

6. SasyBabe macrumors member

SasyBabe

i just noticed my speakers make a popping sound everytime someone IMs me on iChat....ummm...i heard you can DL a program to stop the speakers from popping. Has anyone done that yet?? i havent DLed Safari yet... but if everyone is having problems...shouldn't i wait?

Alittle off topic but... I noticed when i made the room really dark the keyboard didnt light up... it did light up when i first got it though...and that was like a week ago.... umm... do u think the screen is too bright and the sensors arent picking up the darkness??

7. superscientific macrumors regular