17years old and all the hot girls fancy me. So why am I mad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mpw, Feb 24, 2006.

1. mpw

17years old and all the hot girls fancy me.:mad: So why am I mad?

Because I’m in my late 20’s(very late 20’s, so late they begin with a 3) and I’m married with kids.

I keep meeting girls I knew from school, college etc. when I was in my teens and early 20’s and get talking about the past etc. only to have them come out with stuff like “Oh I really fancied you back then”.

It pisses me off ‘cause I know how unhappy I was at that age with being single, although when I say this everyone who knew me says I was, am and always have been outwardly very happy.

In the last couple of years I’ve spoken with, or my friends have and relayed the stories to me, at least 7 old friends who wanted to be more than just friends.

Yesterday it was a girl, who I fancied back then too, who went out with my friend so she could spend time with me. Of course I never made the move she was waiting for because she was with my friend. After a few weeks she dumped him but I still didn't make any move 'cause that would've hurt my friend at the time.

Why didn’t they tell me/ask me out then? And even more annoying why did some of the ones I asked out then turn me down?

Apparently it would seem my friends got all the action ‘cause they drank while I didn’t and that meant that they could blame any embarrassing encounters on the booze the next day when things didn’t work out.

[/rant]

The point of this thread is to advise our younger members who are desperately trying to start relationships that, if you like someone TELL THEM. What’s the worst that could happen?

You might want to consider drinking within reason too, the hot chicks love it!

2. macrumors 65816

realityisterror

I think you should just be flattered that they did like you...
    I mean you're married now, and unless you're unhappy with your wife ( :rolleyes: ), nothing would have changed.

reality

3. macrumors newbie

I agree that if you like someone, you should go for it. The worst thing that can happen is you get rejected. Sure, it may hurt for a while... or a few seconds but think of the best can happen. Plus, if you never go for it, you'll never know how things may have turned out.

4. macrumors 6502a

Erm, interesting advice to a man that's married with kids... :(

My advice is 'Get over it'. It's really not worth worrying about now. I've been through a similar thing over the years, but just try and take it as a complement and take some confidence from it.

If you are happy now that it all that matters.

5. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's excellent advice. Go an' get 'em. I have heaps of male friends who desperately want girls but they don't get out there enough. They don't talk to girls. It's like they expect the girls to just jump into their laps and beg for a date... Crazy kids.

Or the chicks get hotter once you start drinking...

mpw, I try to have no regrets. What's done is done and missed opportunities are just that; missed. It may have sucked at the time but it probably doesn't suck now. :cool:

6. macrumors 603

iSaint

They see a good man in a good marriage and they're jealous of not settling down themselves already.

7. macrumors member

Joe2000

I thought this forum was about Mac's:rolleyes:

8. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mac's what? Mac's sarcastic face?

9. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He IS talking about Macs.......mack'in chicks in high school.

Anyway, grow up man. I know I shouldn't say this after what I just said, but I'm not old like you.

10. macrumors 68000

Josh

Maybe its because back then you didn't talk of yourself so highly?

Just an idear.

11. macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

These are the community discussion forums of MacRumors forums.

If you want to talk about Macs (or Mac's -- whoever that is) there are plenty of other forums -- most of them -- subdivided appropiately into little compartments.

Now **** or play nice. And keep your eyerolling to yourself. And try to tone down the giant text size next time you insult the whole ****ing board, newb.

12. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What ifs...bleh - if you take the time to worry about them, its only time wasted.

You said you're married with kids - think of it this way - if you had hooked up with any of these other women you probably wouldn't have your kids now...

I married late in life (37) and my wife was a little older than me and we sometimes talk about how cool it would have been to meet earlier - but then I wouldn't be chasing this little guy around in the snow - I wouldn't change a thing. :D

D

Attached Files:

13. macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Sounds to me like you're a tad regretful with how your life turned out. If you were currently truly happy I don't think that would bother you so much.

14. macrumors newbie

Think of all the "wonderful" uncurable forms of VD you could of caught from one of those hot girls back then. Be glad you didn't.

15. macrumors G4

Chundles

Macs? What the? This forum is about MACS??? I bloody hate Macs!! Why have I been hanging out here for the past two years?

Thanks joe2000, back to winsupersite I go.....
    And they named him "Noob" for he was the opposite of Boon.

16. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I get what mpw is saying.

Maybe he's happy now, maybe not, but that's not the point. The point is that, when younger, he was unhappy, and now he's thinking that, if he had only acted on his impulses, he might have been happier back then. So his advice is to act on your interest in someone instead of hoping it'll magically happen without any work on your part.

I think that's good advice. Regrets suck, and the "never tried" regrets are enormously worse than the "it didn't work out" regrets. Except when it comes to parachuting, but that's a different story.

Actually, it is about MACs (although we're in the Community forum). The one on my iMac is 00:ca:fe:ba:be:00, which is pretty cool if you're a Java geek. And since it refers to Café babes, it's relevant, somewhat, to this thread. ;) and, no, that isn't my real MAC address. ;-)

17. macrumors 68020

freeny

This is typical "midlife" crisis. The move from your 20's to your 30's is the official jump from childhood to adulthood. I have had the same experiences as I'm sure alot of others have too. I too am also married with child. The reason the ladies are finally voicing their opinions is because they feel it is safe now that they are "adults" and have a comfortable distance from the adolescence of highschool. Also in highschool, most people are confined to the cliques and social structure that is teendom. If you were a "geek" in highschool, or some other social deseased stereotype, most of these girls would never had asked you out or accepted a date seeing that it could have damaged their reputation even if they were attracted to you. Now that they are "adults" its safe.

Just take these advancements as flattery and move on. Their loss;)

18. macrumors 68000

Umm... they think you're a loser psycho and tell all of their friends so you have NO shot at dating any of them, and you are left to either date a fugly girl or the hand of your choice.

:p

19. macrumors 68030

floriflee

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The point is, there are always going to be "what ifs" in life no matter what you do. Just try to make sure the "what ifs" don't turn into major regrets. I say if you're happy with how things are now then the "what ifs" are really minor.

20. macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Not really understanding why you keep using the term "fancied" :D because I have never heard someone in this day and age use that, but anyway, yeah I see the point you made as well. :)

....I am getting off the subject here a little and ranting about something that bothers me, but I REALLY get upset at people that live in the past. I can agree with the whole cliche in most cases that "grass is always greener"---and most people want what they can't have instead of enjoying what they do have (i'm guilty of this too sometimes). I also regret A LOT about some of the things I have done in life, but I always MOVE ON for the most part and realize there was a pretty good reason why things have turned out this way. :)

21. macrumors 68030

floriflee

I guess the question is whether mpw is living in the past and having a hard time moving on, or whether he is just being reflective and trying to offer some advice/insight to the younger folk. I'm thinking it's the latter, but I could be wrong.

22. mpw
    thread starter Guest

Just so we're clear I'm as happy with my wife as any man I know and wouldn't give up my kids for anything in the world.

Without picking out any particular post I'll just say that in hindsight I wouldn't want not to meet my current wife and have the family I have now. But as a teenager/20summit' I was unhappy without a girl and DID ask a couple of these girls out and get rejected. It would’ve be a fun few years for all involved and I can’t see that it would be anything to look back on with regret. Had I hooked-up with one of them and not my wife I’d still as likely have been just as happy only a lot earlier.

23. mpw
    thread starter Guest

I wasn't a geek, my 'problem' was I didn't drink and was 'percieved' as boring for that.

I remember one incident when I was at a party and one girl got really drunk, being a gentleman and sober I walked her home. The walk did her good, she puked and she pissed herself but felt a lot better for it so showered and got dressed again and went back to the party (against my suggestion of going to bed, alone).

Now she says she spurned my romantic advances that night because she knew I was sober and didn’t want to appear a slut to a sober guy. I kind of get what she means when she says that.

But because she was drunk she didn’t have a problem with then going off with three of my drunk friends and [edited out of family forum]. Needless to say she had a hard time combing her hair the next morning.

24. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

damn, if only time travel would work, you could go back to 1982...man you could a been a star....

25. Moderator emeritus

sushi

Or see how good he turned out to be and now wishes they had done something in the past.

In other words, at the time they considered and rejected for whatever reason. Now that they see how he turned out they are having second thoughts.