$18,000 iPod

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacKenzie999, Apr 22, 2002.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hey...

It's my understanding that in 2003 there will be an $18,000 iPod that comes bundled with a free VW Jetta.

Just a heads up...

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Well that's certainly an interesting way to put it. :D

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, the Jetta has been bundled with K2 Skis and Trek mountain bikes, so it makes sense. What really interests me, though, is that they chose an mac-only device. Does VW know something about its Jetta drivers? Are they mostly mac users?

4. MacKenzie999 thread starter macrumors regular

"Does VW know something about its Jetta drivers? Are they mostly mac users? [/B][/QUOTE]"

I imagine VW has indulged in a little market research in their day. I also imagine fans of "cute" find both Beetles & iMacs appealing, so there is probably a lot of overlap between markets. Plus, VW has been sort of at the forefront of using hip young music to sell its cars for several years now. Seems like a perfect match to me. My big question is if there will be some sort of iPod-pod where you can plug it directly into the Jetta's audio system. That'd be pretty cool. I've got one of those little fm adapter things for mine and its mostly unreliable I'm sorry to report.

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

$18000 and a free car
    thats just not cool but I want one:D

6. Choppaface macrumors 65816

you can use an ipod with a PC. you just have to get a 3d party app.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

True, a friend of mine got an iPod as a gift and he doesn't own a Mac, so he's actually uploaded a few 3rd Party Apps and loves the thing. But that's not exactly a great way to give away a piece of electronic hardware. My guess is that VW might come out with their own player - vTunes? That would make more sense:D

8. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I'll keep the iPod and either trash, or sell, the vw. Let some other personage go through the hell of a vw, I sure as hell don't want it. You couldn't GIVE me a vw vehicle...

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey...I'd be in heaven...

a shiny silver VW Beetle Turbo & an iPod...he he he :p

10. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Can anyone remember when Apple teamed up with Fiat (It might have been another I can't remember) and give a Powerbook away with every machine? I think it was around the time of the 5300 or the 1400!

Ensign

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I need a barf bag.... vw beetle... ewwwwwww they offend my senses and idea of taste. mmmmmmpffff, here comes lunch. :eek: :D

Oh yeah, and at $18k, wayyyyyy too overpriced.