18,000 Mexicans get naked

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by angelneo, May 7, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

2. macrumors 68000

zephead

Ehh, I don't think I'd actually do that. :p

That's because Mexican women are so beautifully put together that the men wouldn't be able to control themselves if the women were to wear mini-skirts. That's how good they look, believe me, I live in Southern California. ;) :p

3. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^They are?

Anyway, I'd do it. Who cares. There would be so many naked people, surely nobody would look at you.

4. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm keen. In fact, I'm so keen I'm gonna rock up to work tomorrow with no clothes on and just pretend I thought I was Mexican.

5. zim
    macrumors 65816

zim

6. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

had plenty of naked around here at the May Day parade yesterday.

7. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

If there's one thing this world needs it's more naked! I mean I agree there's a time and a place for it, but if we can't throw caution into the wind once and a while for some good old fashion public nudity than what's the point of living? Because let's face it, the american dream can get rather bland.

8. Guest

shecky

ahhh Spencer Tunick. the Howard Stern of photography. :rolleyes:

9. macrumors 6502

Wow, now that's a lot of people. Very organized I must say.

10. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think his artwork is cute. Good on them, and good on the authorities for facilitating a tasteful display. :)

BTW... now that it's mentioned, I never really realized how different Mexican culture, regarding display of skin, is from other Latino cultures. Certainly they're nothing like the Brazillians! Is it a Portugese / Spanish influence thing? Or is it a more particularly Mexican cultural value?

11. macrumors P6

twoodcc

well, i'll admit that it was organized......that's about all i'll admit about it though

12. macrumors 6502

Mexico City is a very modern place. Their authorities (at least in the city) are more open to accept values that are condemned by religious institutions. In general I think that they are more open minded than other Latin American cities.

My former boss used to say that its favourite vacation spot was Mexico City. He would walk the Zona Rosa and the Historic Zocalo. Mexico City is filled with a rich mix culture.

Would I do that? No, its not that I have any moral objection. I am not an "undressed" kind of person. :D

13. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Interesting indeed. If people are willing to show it off then I say go for it...let it all hang in the wind.

Bless

14. macrumors 65816

madog

I'm surprised this article wasn't named something along the lines of, "18,000 Sinners prepare for Hell". I mean, this is america and those are naked people with their exposed penises and vaginas! Good lord! Even those words offend me. The very thought of people with genitals is disgusting! Keep that stuff in Mexico!!!

Babies come from storks! Mary was a virgin and never had sex! If you came out through the birth canal your evil!

But I digress.....

I would do it. People aren't so self conscience about their bare skin when they see how "weird" everyone else looks without their clothes. Nobody's perfect.

15. macrumors 68020

pilotError

I bet they didn't serve Taco Bell for that photo shoot :p

This guy has done a number of these types of photos. I'm surprised there's still a few that have never seen this before.

16. macrumors G3

If only I were mexican.. damn! :)

I'd like to see this happen in the US. Even if it were done tastefully like it was here, there'd be so many people in an uproar of "OMGZ nudities is the evil!!!"

17. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

I wonder if close up shots from people in the area will turn up on the web soon.

18. macrumors 6502a

We need more pictures :p

No. I'll never do it. NEVER.

19. macrumors 68020

wmmk

Sounds like a plan! And congrats on being a G4!
    Hmm...
    I think modesty is also stressed in Colombia, Ecuador, and a few other heavily Roman Catholic Latino countries.

20. macrumors 68000

zephead

You have no idea! There's a reason why SoCal always stays on the warmer side, ya know. I always thought it was either just always like that or because we're in just the right spot in the world, but nope, it's from all the hot Mexican women. :cool:

21. macrumors 604

zap2

As they as..."When in Rome...do as the Romans do"

(Not that mexicans are knowen for being a people often out of clothes!)

22. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Spencer Tunick got his start in NYC (he was also born in NY). Admittedly, he was arrested on several occasions when he did his work there, and his most famous work is from other countries. But he's an American artist.

23. macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Spencer Tunick is great - he makes beautiful pictures and gets people involved. Thas good art.

There was a movie about his work that I enjoyed, but before that - I kept seeing oceans of naked people transformed into a single image, a mass of individuals united to create a picture, a simple, simple picture.

Why not ? Not like anyone would recognize you... and it's fun to be naked. Ask Mad Jew, he does it all the time.

24. macrumors 603

SkyBell

18,000 mexicans get naked...

What would you do for a Klondike bar? :cool:

25. 4God, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

macrumors 68000

4God