18 people on the list for new iMacs in Columbus Apple Store

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by nerveosu, Jan 10, 2002.

1. nerveosu macrumors member

18 people are on the list to be called when new iMacs arrive at the Apple retail store at Easton in Columbus, Ohio. (jan/10/02)

The will not hold one for ya, but they will call you when they get a shipment in. They think they will get the 800mhz superdrive model by the end of Janurary. They also had 2 of the new iMacs in the store. I got to say I thought they looked bad when i first saw them during the timecanada.com screw up, but they looked sweet in person. I think we have a winner.
    (oh, i was buying an iPod)

Bill.

2. cp21yos macrumors newbie

just 18...

Our company is an Apple developer in Australia and are lucky enough to be able to buy direct - however when I rang to get eta's and local pricing I was told that the first shipment was already sold out. Thats cool since it not due here until the end of January anyway.

Ok I thought - we need one so lets see how quickly we can get one - long story short - after ringing 8 separate dealers I was finally able to get one that thought they might be able to get me one out of their first shipment. Of course I had to put a deposit down... I definitely think Apple have a winner! :D

It may be quicker to visit some friends in San Fran... I wonder how much airline tickets are these days - should be some cheap ones around...