Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Christian Bale will not be starring as Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin's upcoming Steve Jobs biopic, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor has reportedly decided that he was "not right for the part," deciding to withdraw from the film.

Bale was announced as the star of the film just last week, with Sorkin saying that Christian Bale was "the best actor in a certain age range" to play Jobs, and that he had agreed to the part without an audition.

christianbale.jpg
Set to be directed by Danny Boyle, who also directed the Oscar-winning hit Slumdog Millionaire, the upcoming Steve Jobs project focuses on three continuous 30-minute scenes that depict three of Apple's product launches.

While it is now unclear who will play Steve Jobs in the movie, Seth Rogen is reportedly in talks to play Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, and Jessica Chastain, from The Help, is also being considered for an unspecified role in the film. Leonardo DiCaprio was previously in talks to star as Steve Jobs, but also opted not to take on the role.

Article Link: Christian Bale Pulls Out of Upcoming Steve Jobs Biopic

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
Surely Leonardo DiCaprio is available. He loves biopics, even though as an audience member, we can't help but look at the screen and say: 'Look, it's Leo playing Ho Chi Minh'.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Any movie which bases life of JObes in 2 moments ONLY and not important moments in his entire life is bound to be a failure

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Any movie which bases life of JObes in 2 moments ONLY and not important moments in his entire life is bound to be a failure

Thank you. I've said this numerous times (although never so succinctly) and people give me crap for it.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
He probably quit because he was going to have to work opposite Seth Rogen. Seth is a weak actor, IMHO

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Seriously, Noah Wyle. This isn't rocket science. Dude is an INCREDIBLE actor, looks like Jobs, and has made it clear he wants the part. Nobody else would do the part justice like him.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
I'd love a relatively unknown to play the role instead of these a listers. I'm hoping Seth Rogan is not happening either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.