Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the Thanksgiving holiday, Apple Store shipping estimates for both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus have seen significant improvement, with many models in the online Apple Store now carrying a shipping estimate of 3 to 5 days in the United States.

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models in all colors and from all carriers in 16 and 64GB configurations now ship within 3 to 5 days, while the more constrained 128GB versions ship within 7 to 10 days.

iphone6shippingestimates.jpg
Though the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus have been severely constrained since their September debut, Apple has been working hard to improve supplies. The company has reportedly delayed mass production on the iPad Pro to focus on producing more iPhone 6 Plus units, a move that's bolstered available supply.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus stock first began improving in late November, with 16GB iPhone 6 Plus supplies jumping to a 7 to 10 day shipping estimate after sitting at three to four week shipping estimates for several weeks. 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 Plus devices have seen the biggest increase in supply, because as of late November, 64GB devices carried a shipping estimate of 2 to 3 weeks while 128GB devices carried a shipping estimate of 3 to 4 weeks. iPhone 6 supply has also been steadily improving, going from 7 to 10 days in November to 3 to 5 days today.

In store supply of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus has also seen significant improvement, and many stores across the country list availability of both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in 16, 64, and 128GB configurations. Tracking tool iStockNow can be used to find where iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices are available.

iphone6shippingestimates35days.jpg
During Apple's fourth quarter earnings call on October 20, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that demand for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus was "far outstripping" supply and that the company was "not close" to having a supply/demand balance at that time, but based on the improved shipping times, the company could come close to meeting its supply goals before the end of the year.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Shipping Times Improve to 3 to 5 Days for Many Models

Oldfash33

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
Just scored my 6+ by walking into my local Apple Store. In and out in 10 mins is all. Bought a verizon iPhone outright which means it's unlocked

Last edited:

visualride

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
My iPhone plus 128gig still hasn't come in. It's due next week after a 3 month wait. After carefully trying to pre-order the phone at midnight on pre-order day with no luck, I decided to try another sleepless night staying up all night at my local mall to get one. Being 5th in line seemed to assure me of a phone. At AT&T they had 7 phones like I wanted and I knew that the people in front of me didn't want what I wanted so I felt assured that I would finally get what I wanted. Alas, the newb at AT&T helping me let a dozen people behind me get their phones before me, leaving me without a phone. Why didn't they use a 'take a number' system?
My problem? I'm on a business plan with AT&T which I found out made me un-eligible to pre-order or buy directly from Apple.

Anyways, it's good to hear that it only takes 3-5 days to get a damn phone for those lucky enough not to have a business phone plan.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
When will my local Boost Mobile have a full selection of iPhones? Not this year would be my guess.

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
Just scored my 6+ by walking into my local Apple Store. In and out in 10 mins is all. Bought a verizon iPhone outright which means it's unlocked

You do realize that all iPhones in the Apple store are unlocked?

Locking is part of the carrier activation process to check if they "own" the iPhone as part of a contract.

----------

Anyways, it's good to hear that it only takes 3-5 days to get a damn phone for those lucky enough not to have a business phone plan.

You could always just buy the iPhone full price from Apple and insert the AT&T SIM.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The 6/6+ from this year is the record for how long it took for supply to meet demand. It's pretty telling too that Apple produced more of these for launch than any other iPhone and it ended up being more supply constrained than any model before.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC

I totally understand buying a phone outright so that you own it outright.

But what does a Verizon iPhone being unlocked get you?

You can't use a Verizon phone on any other carrier, right?

Or can you?

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
can't believe it's still sold out, my sister ordered one during the Black Friday Red deal. It should be here this Friday she didn't like the Moto X :D

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Got my iPhone at Sprint in October. I remember it like it was yesterday. :cool:

Me: "Hey, do you have a 16 gb iPhone 6 in stock."
Sprint person: "Yes, you made it just in time. We have about 3 left."
Me: "Cool"

I feel sorry for all who ordered online or waited at the Apple Store. :apple:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011

I feel sorry for Sprint customers. :D:D:D

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
almost 3 months after launch

That's what happens when 60 million people try to buy 30 million iPhones.

You're gonna have to wait!

It's estimated that Apple is producing 600,000 iPhones every single day. And it's still not enough.

Other companies can only dream of having that "problem"

:D

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space

I feel sorry for anyone who actually bought the 16GB model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.