Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the Apple Watch is not expected to be released until April, luxury and couture product design company Brikk today announced a line of 30 luxury models for the upcoming smartwatch that they claim, "will afford unmatched opulence to an exclusive clientele worldwide."

Similar to the Apple Watch in terms of sizes, the line of Lux Watches will be available in 38mm and 42mm, with color options of 24-karat yellow gold, 18-karat pink gold, and 950 platinum alongside varying band options. There are also three editions to the line: Standard, Deluxe, and Omni. All versions of the Lux Watch are prepared through disassembling Apple Watches that the company then repurposes with their luxury materials in a "state-of-the-art laboratory."

The basic Standard edition offers a single row of diamonds (.50 carats) and a leather strap, while the mid-tier Deluxe has multiple rows of diamonds (2.3 carats), diamond encrusted buttons, and a diamond studded clasp on its leather strap.

Lux_Omni_Gold_Angled-800x442.jpg
The Lux Watch Omni edition in 24k yellow gold with 12.3 carats of diamonds

"For the ultimate in exclusivity," Brikk offers the Lux Watch Omni edition with a fully diamond-emblazoned case resulting in over 12 carats of jewels on the device. The company promises only the highest end of luxury and satisfaction in purchasing one of their new line of high-end devices, which they've done before with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
The Lux Watch line stands out thanks to its meticulous production processes. Each piece is disassembled inside Brikk's state-of-the-art laboratory in Los Angeles by a team of skilled engineers. They are hand polished, then plated with five layers of diverse metals before their final plating in either two layers of gold or platinum. High quality diamonds (color D, clarity VVS1) are set with a microscope in a custom-machined bezel. Each piece is then reassembled and tested before shipping to clients.
The line will set those interested back $7,495 for the Standard, $11,995 for the Deluxe, and $69,995 for the Omni, and all prices fluctuate slightly higher for larger sizes. Brikk promises that each comes in a "Zero Halliburton aluminum case with carbon fiber interior", with a user manual, the expected accessories, a 1-year warranty, and a diamond-studded certificate of authenticity.

While Apple has taken a decidedly fashion-skewed angle in beginning to market the Apple Watch, Brikk's new diamond-encrusted offerings appear to be a more straightforward answer to those looking for more of a statement with the new wearable.

Pricing guesses have jumped between $10,000 and $20,000 for the high-end Apple Watch Edition, so while the Lux line's lower-end models could fall in line with Apple's own mid-to-upper tier models, the Omni edition offered by Brikk may in fact be the most expensive version of the Watch on the market when the device launches this Spring.

Those interested in the Lux Watch line can visit Brikk's official website to place a pre-order, which requires a deposit and is expected to ship between 4-6 weeks following the official Apple Watch launch in April.

Article Link: Brikk Announces Diamond-Studded Apple Watches Costing Up to $75,000

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Actually there is an interesting detail here, they are offering a gold apple watch with a row of diamonds for $7500. Which indicates that the price of the edition will probably be closer to $5k than $10k (based on wild estimates flying around).

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
How much will it be worth in 1 year or even 5 years? Doesn't sound like a good investment (and a watch at that price should be an investment)

Buyers of this product are not getting it for the investment. Not every purchase has to be an investment.

Things like this will definitely sell-- it's how the very wealthy stay on the bleeding edge of tech without compromising the prestige of their jewelry.

What will they do in 1-3 years? Buy a new one, because they can easily afford it. It's not rocket science.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
There are people that will buy this.

I was in the middle east recently, and it is very common for people to have two iPhones (why one isn't enough, no clue) and for them both to be gold-clad.

Not the gold iPhone, no, rather a thicker, much more gaudy and showy gold over the entire iPhone.

Initially I thought perhaps I was seeing things, or that Apple had a special middle-east version, but no, a quick search shows a variety of places that will up-gold your iPhone from ~$700 all the way up to $10,000.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
And my last comment of the day, Brikk is also offering a platinum version of the apple watch.... uhh how do they do that? Unless platinum is an option we haven't heard about.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
At that price, I'd expect it to outperform my Casio. Got it when I was 8 and was second hand when it was given to me. Never even had to change the battery. It's been a total trooper over the years, surviving everything I've been through.

Seriously, does anyone actually see the appeal in these very expensive watches that are nothing but overpriced fashion items posing as lukewarm phones with horrible battery life, more fragile materials and a day of obsoletion? Really?

Attachments

• IMG_20150226_140603.jpg
    IMG_20150226_140603.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 458

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
How much will it be worth in 1 year or even 5 years? Doesn't sound like a good investment (and a watch at that price should be an investment)

how much did the original iPhone sell for once people had all ditched theirs and upgraded to the 4? i seem to recall them going for ~$1.5k a few years ago... and how many people bought the original iPhone at ~$600? 6mil?

now, how many people you think are going to buy this $75K watch? not many. which would make it pretty desirable to some 1%ers in 5 years time.

people with money tend to collect things because they can.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
Ugh, the Apple community is going to start getting picked on for these gaudy items. Just handing the fandroids mud to sling our way.

This Apple watch thing is bizzaroworld. Please stop Apple. You're losing your marbles. :rolleyes:

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I love... diamonds.

I love… gold…

-Brikk, are you just adding things to the watch and saying that you love them?

I love Watch.

-Do you really love the watch, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

*shrugs* I love Watch!?!...

*definitively* I love Watch.

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Ugh, the Apple community is going to start getting picked on for these gaudy items. Just handing the fandroids mud to sling our way.

ain't a thang, bro. there's this concept of 'do what you like' and 'buy what suits you' - and no amount of 'mudslinging' changes anything except for the maturity level/tone on discussion threads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.