Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Has a form of entertainment ever tugged at your heartstrings so tightly that you ended up letting out a tear, or even full-on weeping?

For me:

A few tears at the very end of one of my favorite movies, The 25th Hour. If you have seen it you would know what I'm talking about.

The second was more recent, and it was one of Robin Williams' final movies: The Angriest Man in Brooklyn. While the movie itself was only average despite the possibility of it being more, this really got me... with the way Williams died exacerbating it. I had tears in my eyes from about 2/3 through the movie until the end.

Spoilers:

After Robin Williams' character is told he only has ninety minutes to live since the doctor doesn't want to put up with his rudeness and anger issues anymore, he arranges a get-together where only one friend from high school shows up now as a former shell of himself, he finds out his wife has been cheating on him, and his son won't pick up the phone. What I thought was brilliant and could have built a really strong, serious movie rather than the more light-hearted picture it was was the scene where Williams' character decides to commit suicide once the ninety minutes are close to up despite the doctor making the diagnosis up once he realizes the mess his life has become as a result of his anger issues.

Pretty sure I have shed a tear or two at the end of a TV episode but frankly the episode wasn't memorable enough to even list.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sure, I've shed a few tears when a movie or television show strikes a cord with me in one way or another. I've seen my wife tear up during some commercials. :eek: Emotions are normal, I definitely don't think it's something anyone should be embarrassed about.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Hardly. But lately Homeland S3 finale sure did! Couldn't wait to see it (normally watching it with my girl) so went ahead when I had a free day from the office.

:eek:

Spoiler: Seeing Brody being hung up. OMG!

Now that was a difficult time anyway since my granny just died, but alas, that took me by my heart. Funny, when watching it with my gf two days later again (I didn't tell her :D) she was totally "cool" while normally crying every other movie scene. Had a good day before I guess...:D

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Has a form of entertainment ever tugged at your heartstrings so tightly that you ended up letting out a tear, or even full-on weeping?

For me:

A few tears at the very end of one of my favorite movies, The 25th Hour. If you have seen it you would know what I'm talking about.

The second was more recent, and it was one of Robin Williams' final movies: The Angriest Man in Brooklyn. While the movie itself was only average despite the possibility of it being more, this really got me... with the way Williams died exacerbating it. I had tears in my eyes from about 2/3 through the movie until the end.

Spoilers:

After Robin Williams' character is told he only has ninety minutes to live since the doctor doesn't want to put up with his rudeness and anger issues anymore, he arranges a get-together where only one friend from high school shows up now as a former shell of himself, he finds out his wife has been cheating on him, and his son won't pick up the phone. What I thought was brilliant and could have built a really strong, serious movie rather than the more light-hearted picture it was was the scene where Williams' character decides to commit suicide once the ninety minutes are close to up despite the doctor making the diagnosis up once he realizes the mess his life has become as a result of his anger issues.

Pretty sure I have shed a tear or two at the end of a TV episode but frankly the episode wasn't memorable enough to even list.

No not really. Thread already existed here though if your interested. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1616036/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.