Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've already seen a number of part leaks from the upcoming "iPhone 6s", and a source has now provided MacRumors with several photos and videos showing how those parts can be combined to build a partially functioning iPhone. Specifically, the new photos and videos reveal an iPhone 6s logic board and display assembly paired with a number of iPhone 6 components such as the rear shell and battery to create a device that starts up enough to be able to display a screen showing a gear icon.

iphone_6s_boot_gear.jpg

The video shows the device booted to the gear screen and then opened, showing the various iPhone 6s and 6 components laid out and connected inside the rear shell. Several components such as the rear camera are missing, but there are enough parts present to deliver data to the iPhone 6s display.

One heavily rumored feature for the iPhone 6s is support for Force Touch, allowing the device to sense how hard the user is pressing on the display and activate differential controls depending on how much pressure is being applied. While the partially booting phone does not prove Force Touch support is present, there are some definite differences from the iPhone 6 such as the shielding on the rear of the display being glued in place rather than screwed in.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: 'iPhone 6s' Display and Logic Board Shown Booting to Gear Screen

LunarFalcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Is it just me, or does the chassis look black?

Update: Oh, it's only the light in the first pic. In the video it's clearly space gray.

Reactions: 5105973

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I hope it is OLED. As much of a hater that I am against Samsung. The S6 display is brilliant
I think it's a safe bet Apple will be leaving LCD soon. OLED's earlier shortcomings are primarily worked out. As you said, the screens are pretty darn brilliant. I think the Apple watch was a baby step into the OLED world.

My personal feeling is the 7S will be the one. S for screen?;)

Reactions: iamPro

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
Is that space grey darker, or am I going mad? tried to play with the photo to see the color more accurately, but they just don't show enough of the back panel to tell...

Reactions: 5105973

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Whew! Good thing the serial numbers were blurred.
I might print the cardboard versions again and see how each fits my hand and pocket. I have a 6 plus now but still sounds like fun. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.